AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That is definitely the first REAL Silver, Rosalind Ingledew Allen. She was still known as Noelle at this point and she had a thing with Jeremy. She would sleep walk (eyes wide ass open) and eventually it was revealed that she was being hypnotized by Dr. Lazarre to kill Erica in her hypnotic state.

• Members

I was intrigued by the idea that Erica had a sister and a stepmother (Goldie, Louise Shaffer) and I thought the Dr. Lazarre (Charles Keating) stuff was pretty neat as a kid. I can't really comment on any impression her acting may have made on me. I do remember that she played more of the innocent victim ingenue while Claire (the first, "The role of so-and-so will now be played by" that I clearly remember) was pluckier in the role and she of course got to play the darker-jealousy stuff with Natalie. I've talked about this all before, but Dr. Lazarre had this sort of gold/jeweled amulet thing that looked like a fancy spoon handle or something and he would pull it ut and hypnotize Noelle/Silver with it. There was a figt on a boat at Cobbler Island where Goldie and Silver's house was and Goldie got pushed overboard and drowned. Later, the vision of Goldie's ghost atarted appearing at the top of the stairs freaking Silver out and it was really a hoax and Goldie had some weird smoke and mirrors set-up where she was still alive and appearing as a projection... so nuts, I wish I could rewatch that era and fill in all the blanks.

• Members

Thanks. I remember reading the anniversary book not long after it was put out and being shocked and amazed that the sister who was fake and a con artist actually turned out to be a real sister (not the same character of course). I was a bit confused when reading it about how little they seemed to do with her. I was especially fascinated at whether they had any interaction, the "real" Silver and Erica. All I remember reading was that Erica encouraged her to be more scheming, which is ultimately what led to Silver going crazy on Natalie.

I imagine that the late '80s must have been a tough time to bring in new female characters, outside of the ingenues, as Erica/Brooke/Natalie had a strong lock on the audience interest and the story connections. That seems to be when people like Ellen or Angie began to fade away and the only new female character in a little older age range who seemed to have some success was Skye, and to a lesser degree, Barbara.

• Members

Yeah, what's so funny is that I have little recollection of REAL Silver/Erica scenes. I remember Silver more with Jeremy, Goldie, Dr. Lazarre, and of course Natalie. I did see Palmer find her in Timmy's toy chest that day, and of course he dumped her in his pond. That's another early Dixie memory, her freaking out finding her cuz she, "keeps (her) eyes open so (she) can see snakes!"

• Members

Yeah the Beauty Shot (or somethign similar). All the Agnes soaps did it (I'm sure other soaps did too), though OLTL dropped it first under Rauch. I believe AMC and OLTL kept it up till '89 or '90. I loved them, but I suppose they were just a short thing that costr them more time and money and was seen as not needed.

Someof this story is online in those week of 1987 pisodes. I think Lauren was pretty strongon AMC, dunno what happened (has she even done a movie lately?)