AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

:lol: It added an almost surreal quality to her character. It really complimented the pretentious/dithering/drunk thing she had going. Oh, and while I've got you on the phone, I found your post at the beginning of this thread incredibly touching. The power of the soap opera when at its best. -_- And here's to our AMC-watching mothers! :clink!:

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Some people call the Natalie In The Well Story as the beginning of the eventual downfall of AMC. To me, the story and Janet Green are among the best things to happen on AMC in its 2nd half. I only wish I was older so I could have experienced full force. Thank god for youtube!

Janet Green I think has always been, and now will forever be my all time favourite All My Children character. Both The Collins and Mattson interpretations! Each brought something entirely different to the table.

• Members

Agreed 100%!

That summer was so much fun! I remember my mom kept saying, "When the hell is Nat gonna get out of that goddamn well?!?!?"...but it was so entertaining! I liked Hayley & Brian's involvement in the story. Does anyone remember when Hayley caught "Natalie" (Janet) dancing to the heavy metal CD? :lol:

• Members

As a big theme music freak..lol...my favorite opening and closing music from AMC

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dBnIIrNyRok" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="480"></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tpVP4L120eA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="480"></iframe>

• Members

And of course it led to the introduction of the Merricks and that story. I know many--or at least some--long time fans do see the Behr era as the start of the fall, but I just can't. That's when I got hooked (with the Janet in a well story), the show was nearly always second in the ratings and it had a lot of classic stuff.

I wonder if they had to push hard for the story at all, in some ways it was like James Reilly was inspired by it to do similar stories but even more campy and even more long...