AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

Well we need some reason for Edmund's raging insecurities.

I always thought Maria was one too...

Paul Raven, thanks so much for the recap and cast list. It's so wonderful to get some 70s AMC in the thread with the detailed synopsis. This is not available to watch but thanks to you we can watch anyway.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'll never forget watching this episode with my mom and my brother's best friend who lived with us. That was great soap opera! When Kendall wheeled Richard in, Fra Heflin gave a particularly uninspired line reading of, "Good heavens!" which my brother's friend had a lot of fun with. :lol:

My mom was a fashionista/diva in her own right and that red suit with the persian lamb trim and frog closures that Erica is wearing was very big that season. AW's Rachel wore it too:

ffgg23.jpg

Rachel also had it in black and Susan wore the black one on Oprah for the 25th anniversary show. OLTL's Blair had a bootleg version of the red.[/useless trivia]

• Members

Erica pulls it off best. :P

I *love* Fra but sometimes she did give readings like that--I can hear it in my head now (but I mean the woman must have been a bit tired of saying "Good Heavens--and Oh Erica")

Paul Raven thanks--and Shadows great pic--while watching those 1980 Cortland Masquerade episodes I realized how handsome Mark was. I wonder if I can track down his coke intervention--and if he would come back for the finale...

• Members

He has such great cheekbones, just beautiful - and like a lot of the most gorgeous people he can sometimes look haggard in one shot and unbelievable in the next.

I wonder if they'll even remember him.

I guess there's no point in hoping for any mention of Nick Davis.

• Members

Mark La Mura is def one of the most attractive men in all of AMC history. It is a nice picture, but do a Google Images search and find out that the whole picture is even better ^_^ And yall are trippin! I haven't come across any pictures or scenes where he looks awful, besides the intervention stuff.

Mark's become one of my favorites through watching so many old episodes. I just like his personality and energy a lot, he's a very bouncy guy, but he's a good, decent man. I didn't realize how long he was on and off with the coke...I thought that was something they came up with when he returned in '86, but as early as 1983 he was snorting lines and then having wild cokehead sex with an unsuspecting Ellen right after.

I hope they do remember him. I wish Mark was around during the last ten years. Yeah, they probably would have ruined him like they ruined most everybody else, but he would have had a very interesting role throughout the baby switch, the unabortion, and other stories. I'm just immensely glad MMT of all people decided he needed to be there for Erica's intervention and the 35th anniversary.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

For her many faults I do think MMT was very invested in Erica and her past - unfortunately it was sometimes not in the best ways (to say the least). I still prefer that to a lot of the material Erica has had directly before or after most of MMT's recent runs.

I know this may be down to vanity or whatever but I am so glad AMC never had Erica deliver a late in life child. While I would say this works more often than not (Kim, Reva) or is neutral (Rachel Cory), it would have been a disaster for Erica.

• Members

I think we might have at least an allusion to Nick. Just keep reminding yourself that it's Agnes and Lorraine handling the end!

Erica having a late in life child would have been HORRIBLE. Yikes. I can't even imagine late 90s/early 00s Erica worried about raising a kid. That would have probably ruined her viability big time. Not that that sort of thing automatically ruins viability, but for Erica? And not that she had all of these huge stories anyway, but again...for Erica? No indeed. She had her hands full with teen/20something Bianca and then Kendall's return, not to mention the grandbabies. The only wish I have for Erica in regards to motherhood is that she'd had a son with Tom. In my own little alternate AMC universe, Erica and Tom would have had a son who was primarily raised by Tom (because somehow Erica still would have had a modeling career after giving birth), and that son in grown up form would have been Josh, and they'd have sort of an early Adam/Alexis-type relationship. Twas not meant to be, I guess.

• Members

For a second I thought you were posting the other photo! (obviously you can't) Everything with that kind of makes me wish they'd make Mark the character a model/actor, hungry for a break, maybe bisexual. Imagine the feuds with Erica.

A story with Tom and Erica having a child could have been very interesting, especially when he also had a child with Brooke. Erica would try to be a good mother just to spite Brooke. They would turn the talent show into a warzone, with Enid tut-tutting the whole time.

• Members

My grandma used to say if I was ever on AMC I could have played Mark Dalton's son.

I hope I still have it on tape somewhere but Erica in that damn jacket :lol: are in my all-time favorite ABC Daytime promo they used to air in primetime. It was very simple. Just a shot of Erica, then Viki, then a two-shot of Luke&Laura that was obviously their opening credits shot before it got colorized, with a soft and slow piano version of ABC's tune playing underneath. They later replaced it with more upbeat music which wasn't nearly as effective.