AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks for all of your stuff, Carl. I always feel like I don't thank you enough :)

I've never bought that MEK was happy in soaps, to be honest. He always looks like he's settled. He's content, he's okay. But he still thinks about when/where his chances of mainstream stardom slipped out of his hands forever.

• Members

I watched "All My Children" regularly from about '85-'87 or '88 when I was in college. Checked back in online during the 40th anniversary and the Adam exit with Brooke. I've enjoyed reading everyone's take on the show in this thread and others, and how things have changed. So many people want Dixie back, for example. I never watched when Dixie was on -Tad's "real love" at that time was Hillary. So everyone was rooting for that pairing! Some other storylines I remember from that era that I rarely see discussed anywhere were Angie being sexually harrassed by a creepy doctor (can't remember his name), Brooke's relationship with Gilles St. Clair which complicated matters with her ex Tom regarding her parenting skills, Hunter Tylo when she was Deborah Morehart playing the oldest high school student since the cast of "Grease" walked through Rydell High, and Phoebe taking up with WAY younger man and con-artist Wade Matthews. Erica was dating Jeremy Hunter at that time, which was complicated by his pregnant stepmother Natalie. The show was a lot of fun, but normal life took me away from daytime television. I watched all of the ABC soaps at that time and each had their own niche that it filled well -- "One Life to Live" was the fantasy with larger-than-life characters, "General Hospital" had action, suspense, and mystery, with a lighter touch than what it apparently has now, and "All My Children" had the heart, community, and strong relationships between family, friends, and rivals. Hopefully all of you still tuning in find a satisfying ending to the ride.

• Members

You guys remember the Hot Girls? LOL...they were a trio of bitches from 2004 that tortured Lily in high school. They seemed to be based off of Mindy and her crew from JR's teen years. They were such a bad stereotype but I liked them and thought they were fun. I remember thinking it was so funny how they'd introduce themselves as the Hot Girls with the way they said it

• Members

yes. They actually let her think she was a Hot Girl but were hazing her and she didnt even realize it. I think they put alcohol in one of her drinks and she was wasted. Sam would run to her defense whenever they started picking on her. Speaking of which, I loved those two together. I will never forget how AMC got rid of him so they could push Lily with Jonathan as a couple. That was so foul

I forgot that Lily once thought Aidan was her bf

Edited by Cheap21