AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is such a nice little moment, taking a break from stories for happiness, but still with hints of the stories in reaction shots.

Trevor closing the show tells you how popular he was at the time.

Joe's shirt blinds me.

Myra was gone at this point, wasn't she?

Edited by DRW50

• Members

A year or two before.

Erica's look is so severe here. Wow.

I enjoy Hayley giving commentary.

I forgot to say happy birthday to Teresa Blake. I loved her as Gloria. I miss characters like that on soaps, who help form a community and aren't all good or all bad. I wish she was still in the business.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

My issue with Gloria is the same one I had with a lot of other female characters on AMC: they brought her on as a bad girl who was screwing around with Craig and scamming Dixie, and then all of the sudden she's 'redeemed' by rape and a traumatic past, and she's suddenly a 'good' girl. I actually liked her better before all of that, when she was still a liar and schemer.

• Members

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the Gloria/Dimitri pairing either. I was so intrigued by the Erica/Dimitri/Brooke triangle they hinted at in late 1998/early 1999. Don't get me wrong - I loved the Erica and David romance that blossomed that year, but I think I could have really enjoyed a triangle in which Erica tried to keep Dimitri and Brooke apart because she didn't like Brooke and gradually fell back in love with her ex, leaving Dimitri genuinely torn between both women.

ETA: Plus if they'd gone that route in 1999, they could have explored Edmund realizing that his ex might move on with his brother, and if Michael Nader hadn't been fired for a drug addiction, maybe we could have finally righted the wrong of the early 90s and had Erica and Brooke as sisters-in-law, living in the same house. I'm still bitter that never happened. I would have paid good money to watch Brooke and Erica live at Wildwind together. :(

Edited by ellabelle