AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I always got the feeling that Mark Consuelos and Kelly Ripa, who had their own love story, were the main reason the show kept Hayley and Mateo together. Onscreen they had pretty much nothing but lousy stories and it took me a very long time to stop loathing his character.

• Members

That;'s the longest scene I've seen of Carter since they aired, but I thought he was a great villain--as everyone knows it was following his story as it went over to Loving that truly hooked me on that show. Season Hubley had an interesting career--I remember aroudn the time Angelique was on I saw her play a princess on a Partidge Family rerun, she was also in the somewhat controversial 70s movie Hardocre, as well as Priscella Priestly in the Kurt Russell tv movie of Elvis... And then a huge amount of tv guest work, though she seems to have retired.

I actually really liked Angelique--it was probably partly my 12 year old brain but I always felt really sorry for her situation--though I think many found her annoying and too passive. She did come back one Wildwind Christmas and they;d menton her at ater ones (I want to say the trainset they always set up under the tree was a gift from her to Edmund and Dimitri since she helped to reconcile them). Her hair was normally blond but I guess she dyed it by then. (Incidentally Season's brother is actor Whip Hubley who still pops up a bit but is most known for being in Top Gun as well as playing Brian in More Tales of the City and Further Tales, after Paul Gross had to leave the role which he played in the first miniseries due to working on Due South).

Fra got cancer very shortly AFTER the Mona cancer storyline--I remember the soap press commenting quite a bit how ironically sad that was.

Aw the excellent 25th Anniversary week--every episode that week had that special opening--I have them all on video but haven't watched in a while. SOO many great character returns, although at the time (the special 25th Anniversary book hadn't come out yet, or I hadn't gotten it, and the Net was basically non existant) I admit I had NO idea who half of the returns were and many of them at Ruth and Joe's final welcoming party barely even had half a line of dialogue...

• Members

No she was a bit ridiculous as a cop. I guess I never bought the recast for some reason, but her stories mainly seemed all obsessed with getting a man (mainly Noah) who was taken yawn.

Thanks for the Laura clip--Cecily must have left soon after (did she go on some Miss Home Maker tour or osmething or was that when she left earlier). So I guess Laura was created when Agnes was interim writer between McTavish and Broderick which, while I hated the character often after she left Janet's cabin, isn't too surprising as the concept of the character seems very Agnes.

(And random but all these clips remind me of how I hated Charlie as played by Lawford no matter who he was with or what he was doing... I know they played up how he was related to Lawford/the Kennedys but I never got how he lasted as long as he did as I didn't know anyone who liked him. He was the like the very most obnoxious qualities of Tad without any of the charm or well acted drama).

• Members

I have the three book set--it's from the late 70s I believe and is divided into... Erica, one volume for Phile and Tara and I think one is just called The Yougn Lovers or something but--while written at the level of most cheap romance fiction, they are fun reads that give more details that apparently often were based on the scripts--though I doubt too closely. (I have the OLTL ones from the 80s as well)

Yes I suspect that was always the end point--Alec was always kinda using Hayley--not the way Will did but it wasn't a very good relationship. So I found that interesting but out of her happy romances the only one I really liked was her and Brian (which as a kid new to AMC was one of THE big stories--I guess the young love thing AMC always did so well but after that didn't handle as well)--I remember my sister got briefly hooked with one of her friends basically just for their story.

• Members

Eric, interestingly enough, i also think of The Partridge Family whenever Season Hubley's name is mentioned. Years ago on The Rosie O'Donnell Show, she was brain farting over an actress from a particular episode, and Season was in her short list of possibilities. I had never heard that name beyond AMC. Her research team finally found the clip, it wasn't Season, but Rosie made funny commentary on Shirley falling up the side of the mountain the family was climbing in the clip. biggrin.png

• Members

Oh wow, okay, I HAVE seen that one, about a month ago on Antenna TV. I didn't make the connection. That's a show I only caught bits and pieces of as a kid when I'd be at my cousin's, it aired on USA iirc. Same with Flying Nun and Gidget, shows I have never sought out but since my TV pretty much lives on Antenna TV these days...