SNL skewers The Talk

MontyB

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why are all the sketches on SNL so long now? I don't know why the writers even get paid. They just drag and drag.

It was a little uncomfortable that they had a white woman playing Julie Chen. She got some of the speech patterns but generally I kept thinking, "Who is she supposed to be?"

The Sharon and Leah were good, just too one-note.

• Members

I thought they all did a great job of playing who they were playing but Sharon is more a knockoff of Amy Poehler's Sharon than Sharon herself. It doesn't seem like it's going to be a recurring sketch like The View, not the same spark. I was thinking, "I sure am glad they don't have big ass Kenan playing Holly" so it was funny to me how his Whoopi got worked in anyway.

• Members

SNL is so sad. You could even hear the awkward silence where the laughs were supposed to be but there just wasn't any to be had. There probably is a lot of reasons why SNL sucks: an untalented cast, bad writers, a format that is 35 years old and isn't new and outlandish anymore, and an audience that needs more to be shocked. Watching that clip you could see that whoever any of these people are, Jan Hooks could do what they do much better.

• Members

IDA. The cast is great. Most of the new featured stars this season have been winners. The main problem is the writers. With that said, this season has had more good episodes than recent ones. The Miley Cyrus one from 2 weeks ago was pretty funny

• Members

Not this much. For instance, Sharon Osbourne is a fascinating woman, bizarre, mannered, false, complicated, sometimes ruthlessly sincere. Yet all they have is this one note about her being pointless and everyone else telling her she's great. SNL used to have much smarter writing. Now it's just how many different ways can we get Kristen Wiig to play the same character?

Archived