Y&R: Is Cane really dead?-EW Article

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Considering the way the ratings bombed, opinions on this board about Lily and Cane are not representative of the viewing audience. (Yeah, I was surprised to.) This story is ridiculous and one wonders why the mainstream laughs about soaps, include the 30 fans protest ABC. This story is just plain dumb and insulting. I look at this and think -- what was the endgame here. Freeing Lily? Whatever. Honestly, I'm glad I reduced my viewing to once a month after the Lauren/Sarah reveal.

• Members

The idea was another stunt/shock value moment, and also to continue the whole starcrossed, doomed love for Cane and Lily, with good and pure ultimately winning out in the long run. But, as always happens with sick Sheffer around, things get nastier and nastier, and they seriously miscalculated what this fanbase wanted to see.

I'm glad their fans tuned out. That's what Y&R gets for yet again assuming people will stay around for sickness.

• Members

LOL :lol: At least it's more believable than telling us the man we watched gunned down and gush pints of blood isn't dead.

I'm game if Colin has "good" twin brother too, how about Carl? I was thoroughly enjoying JW :wub: TR together, but if the storyline begins with him gas-lighting Lily I don't see a bright future for Colin.

• Members

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2011/05/25/why-sony-and-cbs-have-to-let-maria-arena-bell-either-run-her-own-show-or-fire-her

Apparently Maria wanted Daniel Goddard gone, but Barbara Bloom wanted him to stay because of the popularity of Lane. Maria still can't get rid of Cane because when she did the new network rep and Sony made her rehire him.

Bloom was the one who pushed for Maura on Y&R.

Archived