Y&R: Is Cane really dead?-EW Article

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R is rotgut and has been for a long time, but I do think they made a mistake in a bloody ending to what was, by Y&R standards, a fairy tale romance type of couple (they never cheated on each other, they survived life-threatening obstacles, etc.).

Y&R wanted it both ways, as they always do - they wanted to manipulate viewers without actually changing anything in the story. And this time it bit them on the ass.

Now it's back to the usual stunt casting to hide yet another poorly written story.

• Members

MAB hates the Lane pairing, she was going to kill of Lily and keep Cane last year, but TPTB stopped her and she went with Colleen instead. I do not think this is Cane that is coming bacvk but rather a stupid arse Twin.

BTW Scott Hamner likens this May sweeps story with "Cane", Colin/Lily/Genieve as War of the roses meats North by Northwest :rolleyes: I remember in Feb he liken the same story (minus Genevieve) to Wuthering Heights :mellow:

• Members

I think she killed Colleen because Tammin was leaving and she found it a good opportunity for an Emmy episode/sweep stunts. The reason Maria hated the Lane pairing is the fact their fans would scream bloody murder if they were put with other people.

• Members

As sad as it is to say, considering how couple-swapping has destroyed so many on Y&R, I can't blame them for protesting.

When will these hacks stop comparing themselves to movies? They aren't even fit to be Howard the Duck.

• Members

Lame got their fans but these Lame fans will get over it once Lily beds another " white" knight. But this Lily isn't a viewer grabber anyway. If she was, after Dru went over the cliff the ratings wouldn't went down, because we still got Lily. When Lily had gotten cancer, the ratings would have went up. My point is that making this Lily into something she's not. She can't hold the viewers or the Winters together.

But also still having Victor win all the time either by love or business. Isn't helping the matter. Having Sharon fall in love with the man who lied about her dead baby wasn't going to help matters. Fading out people, especially the black people isn't helping matters.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I was reading TWOP and it looks like there are some spoilers saying that on May 31, we will learn Cane isn't really dead. So Cane and his evil doppleganger will be around.

DeeeDee, it's like Christmas in May, isn't it?

I have thought from the beginning that they had no intention of getting rid of Goddard and this was all a stunt. The joke is on them, as Cane's violent death and the sick story afterwards seems to have alienated a lot of viewers who aren't coming back.

• Members

Spoiler Alert: don't read if you don't want this idea in your head:

Cane is alive and so is Caleb. The third triplet died. There were identical triplits; the third, unnamed one, is decent like Cane and tried to warn Cane that day in Jan. But it was too late, Cane was kidnapped by the mother and the good triplet died at the church before he could tell Lily the truth. Cane has been held captive by Gen.

Archived