GH: Liz and Lucky "permanent lock" episode on Soapnet

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked Emily until they made her so smug and judgmental. It never failed to disgust me that she was so nasty to a family who took her in when she could have been dumped in care. She was a nasty brat and her worship of the thug for hire ruined her. I did think she and Chad Brannon worked well together, and I preferred her to Natalia.

So this is back when JJ did more than weep and look like a hobo.

• Members

At the time I was also very put off by the way she treated Carly, although intellectually I knew that Carly was no innocent, I was so invested in SJB's Carly that I usually hated (almost) anyone who hated her. Looking back I can see that that was silly, but, what can you say.

I wonder who decided to repeat this episode. It seems like someone at ABC made it very clear last year that Liz/Lucky were a terrible couple, that Lucky only ever wanted to be with Liz because she had been raped, and that Lucky deserved better.

• Members

I think SJB's Carly was the first and last time I had a strong emotional connection to a GH character, aside from Lucy Coe. Guza's writing style is very cold, and in the late 90s the show often seemed to be on a snooze button, but Carly was a real live wire back then.

• Members

It was mind-numbing. The baby Michael story is very possibly the most mind-numbing, suffocating, character-destroying story ever on a soap. For most of 1998 and 1999 I felt like entire episodes were devoted to Jason reading a children's story to Michael.

Archived