Things About Your Soaps that you're THANKFUL FOR

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. Even though it's not what it once was, it's still DAYS, and it's better than it was during Reilly's 2nd term, and I never thought the show would recover from that mess. I'm thankful I can still tune into the lives of the Salem residents anytime I want to, no matter how dull or uninteresting it may be; that familiar, comfortable spot is still there.

Also thankful for YouTube! ClassicGL passed away? Sad! I love reliving GL during their 1997-1998 time. Also JohnMarlena for posting such gems as The Possession, Aremid, Lady in A Cage, The Pillow Baby, etc. Along with countless other peeps who upload soaps from yesteryear.

I'm thankful my all-time favorite soap couple, DAYS' Bo & Hope, are still around and still possess that electric chemistry.

I'm thankful Kim Zimmer is back on daytime doing her sassy thing she always does. If only One Life didn't have such short scenes I'd be more inclined to tune in if all her scenes weren't 7 seconds long.

• Members

I'm thankful that DAYS has a(nother) chance to stay in the fight when it seems like nobody in charge gives a damn about this genre anymore. And I'm thankful AS THE WORLD TURNS and GUIDING LIGHT aren't around anymore to get treated badly by those who were supposed to ensure its survival.

• Members

I am thankful to all the great youtubers who had the foresight to save these classic episodes from 20 and 30 years ago.

For GH, I am thankful Tony Geary and Jane Elliot are still chugging along in an environment that has systematically written out all its vets. I am also thankful GH takes chances with their visuals and doesn't just content itself to be a televised stage play.

DOOL I am thankful for John Aniston. John Aniston is the most fun actor in all of daytime these days, delivering funny zingers to the equally fun Louise Sorel. DOOL would be nowhere near as enjoyable without these two.

AMC I don't watch but I am thankful they put such care into the Palmer funeral. I never expected to see Daisy and Nina again, and it was nice to take one last trip back to the good old days.

Archived