Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh yes.  Kids in my class used to call her "that bitch Lauren".  It was practically her proper name.  Whenever Traci would appear happy for a day or two, viewers would start saying, "I wonder when That Bitch Lauren is going to slap her back down."  

Bill Bell realized pretty quickly that she could play vulnerable as well as haughty, so he started mixing it up with her.  She'd be utterly hateful one minute, and the next minute she would realize her mother never loved her, she'd cry, she'd yell at whoever was around her, and then she'd run call Traci a fat girl.  

It was only when Shawn came onto the scene that she became "pitiful" -- but even then, you couldn't help noticing that she "used" Shawn to gain herself publicity and fame.  She became a sort of "unintentional victim", and that sort of turned the tide for her in a more positive direction.      

• Members

Lovely!

I'm Trying Here, but i just can't alone, I'm Trying For Something Like This:

Y&R 50 Years 50 Scenes

Best Scene From Each Year

1980: very little material available

1981:

1983:

1984:

1985:

1986:

1987:

1988:

1989:

1990:

1991:

1992:

1993: Victor's Return?

1994:

1995:

1996: Victor Is Shot!

1997:

1998: Battle for Chancellor State

1999:

2000:

2001:

2002:

2003: Jill is Katherine's Daughter

2004:

2005:

2006:

2007:

2008:

2009:

2010:

2011:

2012:

2013:

2014:

2015: Halloween Explosion?

2016:

2017:

2018:

2019:

2020: Last Scene Before The Pandemic For Sure or Episode 12.000

2021: Chelsea Confesses To Poisoning Rey

2022:? Diane's Return

2023: 

• Members

@Joseph have you seen this website? It has a pretty good summary for each year until 2005 https://jacksondynasty.net/bold/

I was thinking of doing something like this but don't have the time and the patience. Doing it by year is tough. I would have a hard time coming up with best moments for the recent years and there are so many in other years. For 1980 maybe something about the cult, but there's not much great footage as you said. Then for 1981 the standout should be Vanessa's fall off the balcony, but there's also other important things like Nikki and Victor meeting and even the London Gala. So maybe it makes sense for you to not do it year by year, but try to do about 10 per decade or 5 for each 5 years.

For 1983 you have Patty shooting Jack, Dina's arrival, Jill sleeping with Jack...

Go through that website and maybe I can help if you still need suggestions.

• Members

On the Entertainment Tonight 50th Anniversary Special where there was the segment on social issue storylines, LLB talks about Cricket's date rape and how she was injured during the filming of the rape scene. She mentions that Bill Bell wanted to tell that story properly. Did anyone else get the feeling that it was sort of a swipe towards how other soaps told rape storylines in the 1980s?

• Members

Bill Bell did a date rape storyline 2 years earlier on BB, when innocent virgin Caroline Spencer was raped. That storyline was a redo/remake of a 1973 YR Chris Brooks storyline. Both the young women broke up with their unfaithful partners (Snapper and Ridge), then decided to become independent and moved to a new house to prove their new self-confidence. They both met a new guy, apparently kind and fine. They both were forced to let him enter the house, when he became assertive and violent. After the rape, Chris leaned on Greg Foster and Caroline on Thorne Forrester (the sensitive brothers). 

• Members

@AlexGrimaldi Yes, Bill Bell wrote Caroline's rape two years before Cricket's date rape and Caroline's rape storyline was redo of Chris Brooks' rape storyline. Bill Bell did cover all the bases with both Caroline and Cricket (physical/emotional effects, medical/legal aspects) but Cricket's rape was presented as more of a summer social issue storyline than Caroline's rape was.

Edited by kalbir