Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Was that maybe a decade later in 1998? JD was off the show from Summer 1998 and didn't come back till the following September 99 I believe? 

I'll probably stop after Michelle Stafford's

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

As big of a nepo baby as LLB is and how annoyingly saccharine and self-righteous Christine could be at least she was gorgeous, played by a pretty good actress and someone with a strong moral center. Rare to find on daytime anymore.

Also she looks fantastic and I can't tell if she's had any work done, which is in itself a compliment.

I really miss the way Y&R would ease you into an episode. They'd give you 10-20 seconds before anyone even said anything, I can't quite put it into words, it just felt comforting. All soaps used to do that really, setting the scene, but Y&R did it the best.

Edited by Darn

• Members

Sunday's clip was TB and she chose Michael's proposal.

If we go by seniority, we should see

Monday March 6 - ED

Tuesday March 7- BM

Wednesday March 8- JW

Thursday March 9- PB

Friday March 10- CLB

Saturday March 11- JM

Sunday March 12- SC

Monday March 13 - MS

• Members

Cricket ate the show from second half of 1986 until the end of 1989. I will give credit to LLB improving as an actress during the date rape storyline. In the 1990s Bill Bell wrote lawyer Christine as the main heroine but she wasn't eating the show as much. I agree that LLB aged well (she looks so much like her mother) and doesn't look over-surgeried or over-injected, but I suspect a nose job in the early 1990s. 

• Members

I wish they would just show each actors' debut instead of their favorite clips. I would love to see Victor's, Lauren's, Nikki's, and others. 

They should have some fan choices... otherwise unless Jess Walton picks a Jeanne clip we probably won't even have one of her...

• Members

I think the reason they're not doing that (the first scenes) is that often the actor's first scene didn't focus on his/her character, but on someone else entirely.  If I remember right, Braeden's first scene featured him hovering over Brock Reynolds like a vampire, announcing he wanted Cathy Bruder tried as an adult rather than as a juvenile.  Later on, he began having scenes that were more about HIM, but that first one was entirely about Brock.  

Ditto with Tracey Bregman.  Her first scene was a showcase for Traci Abbott, lol.  

In Lauralee Bell's first scene, she was a nameless little girl who sat behind Kay Chancellor on an airplane.  

Edited by Broderick

• Members

That's true. I didn't know that about LLB! Thought it would be one of her Jabot Junior visits where everyone tells her how much more beautiful she is each time they see her and how well she must be doing in school. I think she was on the swim team too! I wonder if that first appearance was just as an extra vs. her first as "Cricket."

• Members

Yeah, Lauralee appeared as an extra a few times in the very late 1970s/very early 1980s, because she wanted to be on Daddy's show.  Bill Bell arranged with John Conboy for her to board an airplane, put her little suitcase in the overhead compartment, and take a seat directly behind Kay Chancellor.  She was about 10, lol.  

She was bitten by the acting bug after her few little stints as an extra.  

She started appearing as Cricket around 1983.  Eileen Davidson & Terry Lester had the thankless job of saying, "Wow, Cricket is a WONDERFUL model.  She's so beautiful, talented, and incredibly sexy."  Michael Damian was assigned the job of walking in and saying, "What a beauty!!"   

• Members

Spring 1983 to Spring 1986 Cricket showed up on school breaks (spring, summer, Christmas). She wasn't annoying in small doses. It was so odd seeing a scene from 1983 where Jack was praising Cricket's modelling shoot, considering what was to come by Summer 1986 and what went down by the end of the decade.

Edited by kalbir