Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I'll agree.  I wasn't a big fan of Ashley Bashioum (by any stretch of the imagination), but she had a unique quality about her for sure, as did Tricia Cast and Vicky Rowell, and probably to a lesser extent David Tom.  (In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Victoria Rowell's presence on the show helped tremendously to offset the void created by the absence of Eileen Davidson and Terry Lester.)  

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ashley was barely used in Brenda's first year. Things kicked off more for her in 1990, and I think this worked better for Brenda. She had settled into the role without too much heavy lifting and her acting style was definitely more natural by then. I think she understood Ashley a lot more by that point too.

In terms of the character. I have always wondered who would have been a better recast. Marcy Walker?? She was only a couple years younger than Eileen and had the drier tone about her and slightly harder edge, but could also do fragile as well. I do think Ashley could have sustained a year or so off screen, if a return with a big name recast or if Eileen had changed her mind and wanted to return.

With Steven there are too many variables. The biggest for me is, when did Eileen give notice? She has always said it was a long period and I wonder if she gave notice when she signed her last contract. If that was June 1987, maybe Bell convinced her to stay because of the writers strike. She made a movie around Aug/Sep/Oct 88 and was off the show for two and a half weeks right before she was set to depart. Makes me think she had never intended to still be on the show that late in the year and they came to an agreement. If she gave notice at any point in 1987, then Bell married Ashley and Steven possibly with his death in mind. It is also possible Rod was never going to be there as long as he was and it bought him an extra year or so. 

The other, did Bell always want Victor and Ashley to reconcile and marry. Did he envision the marriages of Jack/Nikki and Ashley/Victor long before it happened or did it fall in his lap and he took advantage of it. The issue is Bell plays both ways so it is difficult to say. 

• Members

I wish there was somewhere online that has all of the scans of Soap Opera Digest. 

Please register in order to view this content

I want to read all of the interviews of Terry but I do not know which ones he is in except the ones where he is on the cover so I do not know which ones to buy. XD

Does anyone have magazines with Terry in them that they could scan and share?

• Members

https://www.thelist.com/954050/the-gift-peacock-is-giving-days-of-our-lives-fans-when-the-soap-moves-to-streaming/?fbclid=IwAR3oMQOdgJBbNjtUKUpSa_9l7ti53ahCm8GBnf0Qlqmq1lyk8iSornqLNTw&fs=e&s=cl

Just was introduced to this article. I’m soooo hoping Y&R will follow suit!! Could you imagine being able to stream the ENTIRE series along with current stuff!?!? (I only care about 1973-84 tbh LOL). I’d like to know what you all think of this decision and if you think there’s possibility of Y&R following their lead in the near future. Mind you, their contract is up next year.

Edited by ltm1997

• Members

Let's don't overlook the most important line in this article:  "according to Fox News".

This article is merely a regurgitation of a Fox News article that completely contradicts the NBC press release.  NBC said subscribers to Peacock would get "the robust library" of previous Days episodes (which are episodes from the 18 months).  Someone from Fox News saw the expression "robust library", then read the Wikipedia article that mentions the show has 14,000 previous episodes, and jumped to a crazy and wrong conclusion.  No way anyone's about to digitalize 14,000 episodes for Peacock.  

• Members

That's the interesting thought experiment... if Sony had to pick a time point from when to start making vintage eps available, what would make the most sense from a marketing perspective? Highlighting characters familiar to current viewers... 

Perhaps starting from September '81... Victor first sees Nikki dancing at the Bayou...

or April '82... John Abbott returns, as now played by Jerry Douglas, and the Abbott home set debuts. Victor and Nikki are connected at this point, but this is when the Victoria pregnancy storyline kicks their story into next gear.