The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I guess I wonder because she was offcamera quite a bit of the season and when she's been on it's been this story which has isolated her somewhat and is now at an end. It's also my memory of Lori and Andrea. But they do seem to know how talented she is, so hopefully she will stay around.

I read some reviews that claimed it made no sense for Lizzie to "suddenly" snap. I don't get that. It was obvious that Lizzie had become increasingly unbalanced over the season and was finally triggered into a full breakdown because someone she respected directly told her that she was wrong to see walkers as people.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think her being offscreen was actually storyline related tho her return was anticlimactic, maybe something will come when she sees rick.

I think the difference with her and the other two women is her popularity. Lori was universally hated from the start. Andrea was by the second half of that season cuz she was poorly written and used as a plot device and not a character. But carol doesn't get that treatment and is liked.

Yeah Lizzie has been slowly snapping all season long. This wasn't sudden and they built to this.

• Members

I'm mostly wondering how they will handle the reunion with Rick. Hopefully they won't have her sacrifice herself for Judith, so Rick will be sad and guilt-ridden. That's part of where I could see them going, if they think it makes sense for her story (with all the dead little girls). Hopefully they will keep her around. It's been nice to see her as more of her own person, even if I haven't always agreed with the writing for her this season.

• Members

I don't see where Rick matters any more. I don't see him being the leader again. Not after the way things went down at the prison. If the rest of whatever group they end up with wants Carol to be part of the community, Rick will just have to suck it up. Which should be easy once Carol explains what Lizzie was ready to do to Judith and how far they went to protect her. The only thing Rick needs to say is "thank you for keeping my child alive."

• Members

I just saw the episode and I knew that girl was psycho but dang I did not expect to see her kill her sister like that and plan to do the same to the baby next. Carol did the right thing. The psycho needed to be put down

28vr9qs.jpg

LOL at how scared Tyrese looked to be left alone with her

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I don't think Rick matters, per se, but there is such a focus on him (on Talking Dead last night, for instance) and how he will react. So presumably it will be important. I think that some of the others who are left, like Maggie, may have mixed feelings too. I don't really think they would have a problem with her coming back, though, unless the show just wants some conflict. Hopefully everything will work out and Carol will be a major part of the group again. I assume Terminus will turn out to be a terrible place, but hopefully most of the characters I watch for will survive.

I saw some articles saying oh this was a hyped episode, but it wasn't really that hyped - just a few interviews from Kirkman, I think. That's a pretty good rating, especially considering the subject matter. I do wonder what next week will rate.

Poor Tyreese was freaked out by Lizzie from the start. I didn't know whether to laugh or give him a hug.

• Administrator

Just chiming in (I don't like to read too much about the show and stay out of discussion threads - I'm paranoid that way lol) to say this last episode was fantastic! Lizzie killing Mika was definitely a jaw dropping moment. Carol has become one of the most interesting characters on the show. I have a whole new respect for Melissa McBride now - what a fantastic actress. The girl who played crazy Lizzie is pretty good too. I think she'll have a bright future.

• Members
  • Members

The Grove was a beautiful tragic story and its my favourite of the whole season.

Melissa mcbride is the show's best actress and I can understand now why SG choose this arc for Carol.

The ratings for this episode are amazing and there was no hype for this episode other than Kirkman couple of interviews.

The real hype for this episode came from the on line fans in UK where the episode was releasee early on virgin. it came word of mouth.

The Grove showed that the show needs new writers now and that SG needs to write more episodes himself. The last 2 still and Alone where just awful.

• Members

I can only imagine how long the decision to kill Lizzie would have taken if Rick were around. At LEAST 3 episodes of him crying about it and yelling at the other characters.

The foreshadowing thing Carl linked to highlights to me that this show is probably much better binge-watched. It's just that so much of TWD is people walking through shrubbery that it all sort of blends together week after week. I enjoyed the show more when I watched the first two seasons back to back.

Edited by Darn

• Members

Early Rick, probably. I think after he killed those thugs in the bar and killed Shane, not as much.

I agree about the binge watching. It's true for a lot of shows. I binge watched season 2 and I enjoyed most of it. I actually loved a lot of that season. It's my favorite season. But if I was watching in real time I think I would have been driven up the wall with week after week of Andrea going on about "her choice" and insisting she could shoot a gun because she was a big girl.

• Members