DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

I can’t stand seeing Passions or JER criticized. That man was my idol, and Passions is my favorite television program of all time. I’m thankful everyday that I got to go along for the ride. 

Too much power? JER didn’t have full creative control until the show moved to DirecTV. At NBC he was hindered by network censors. 

I stopped watching Days in 2006 when JER was fired (or did he quit?). Since then, I’ve never been able to watch more than a year at most.

I started again in 2011 for MarDar, Jack, Carrie, and Austin but stopped when they were all fired less than a year later. 

In 2014 and 2017, I watched the episodes where Eileen returned as my favorite character Susan. 

Tried again in 2018 when Jack returned and lasted until Missy left in late 2020.

Watched both Beyond Salems and the possession episodes for Eileen, Lisa, Christie, and Austin, and I watched again last spring when Eileen returned as Thomas.

I don’t foresee myself watching Days again unless Eileen returns. 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, he gets both praise & criticism & he provokes strong feelings, both ways. But, it's your problem if you truly cannot tolerate it. I had one fan leave my forum because he couldn't stand thinking that I believe JFP killed Frankie Frame when he thinks she did not. I thought that was crazy but that he had to make his decisions for himself. I live in an 'agree to disagree' world. Soap fans are noted for their many agreements and their disagreements. 

And, as far as JER & power go, arguably he was a better writer when he was part of a team or the co-HW triumvirate with Curlee & Demorest at GL. His bad habits show up when he doesn't have to answer to anyone else from the writer's perspective. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

There is an actual Passions thread on here in the Cancelled Soap section, just FYI.

Some were better than others.  It was the color scheme and the large singular picture of the character/actor next to 3 or 4 smaller images of the same picture in different colors that was just weird.  I know there is a name for that technique so I should just show a picture lol.

Liz is actually one of the better ones, but it was the only bumper I could easily find.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Absurd. He was a human being & therefore possibly a creature who had bad habits. And he certainly did! Besides constructive criticism is not an insult. 

He had everyone walking around talking to themselves, relying far too much on "interior monologues". He had days last for weeks. If he decided he wanted a story to last longer he would just use repetitive dialogue & repeat & repeat & repeat instead of writing new material to stretch out his time frame. Anyway, they are widely known.

I have a list of 15 writers who are my favorites. I do not even flinch when someone points out a weakness or criticism. 

• Members

I had you on Ignore for weeks on end. I just opened you up this week. 

But, I will tell you one thing that it's possible you do not know. Even thought all of this is off-topic. 

YouTube has a current, complete PSSN channel where you can re-watch everything & be surrounded by only fans. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Oh never mind. Those sucked. I meant the B&W, slideshow-esque ones from the late '90s/early 2000s, which I could've sworn also had some yellow.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Oh, yeah these are better.  I still think yellow is a strange choice.

Now, I actually don't know which ones @Khan was referring to because my mind went to the mostly yellow ones and those print ads.

Please register in order to view this content