DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There's a lot of talk about this on the board.  @Paul Ravengave you the right thread.  Carrie would have joined Marlena and I think there was talk of a new Trump like love interest for Marlena or possibly bringing Wayne back.  It's been a long time since I looked at it.  I think Anna and Jen might have been mentioned in the potential pilot as well.  Sami and Eric were already aged at this point.  John would have just continued on with Kristen.

• Members

The description of P.T. as similar to Bette Midler in Beaches came from the SOD article describing Manhattan Lives, and ever since I've read it, I've been unable to let it go. I just can't imagine who on the daytime scene would even qualify for such a role, or if they would have cast from outside the actors pool.

• Members

I always thought it would be a wacky Calliope like friend.  Which would work?  The bible didn't ever sound that great to me.  I think you could make Marlena a lead on a different show, but why would you?  She was already the lead on the mothership.  It seemed weird to give her a random love interest as well.  I can understand the underlying thought of moving Marlena to an entirely different place with baby Belle when her own life fell apart.  It just seems redundant.  Why take your main star off the main show.  It seems strictly vanity to keep Deidre happy.

• Members

Yeah, that's another problem I have -- just bring back Calliope. If I remember right from her 1992 appearance, she was a New York-based talk show host.

Yup, I think this was the consensus we reached, that nobody (maybe not even Deidre) took this seriously, it was all just an example of demonstrating the value of the star.