DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

IIrc, he claimed he went to Higley requesting meatier material (which is why Nathan & Melanie got the virus storyline) but then they decided to part ways because she told him he'd be backburner for a while and then he left.  He came off super salty.  However, this alleged mutual split happened at exactly the same time Jay Johnson & Shelley Hennig very abruptly left . . . so the show likely decided to cut their losses, leaving Melanie left as the lone survivor from that rectangle because Higley and Tomlin were obsessed with Molly Burnett.

I thought Mark Hapka was great and this rectangle was the best story on the show at the time.  Losing these three within weeks of each other (when they were midway through huge story) was profoundly disappointing.  The show pivoted creatively quite a bit during the first quarter of 2011 into abysmal disaster, leading to Higley and Tomlin getting fired.

I think AK is a very natural and charismatic actress and I don't mind her as Stephanie at all . . . but recalling this story makes me miss SH's unexpectedly messy, manipulative, deeply insecure Steph SOOO much . . . this version is remarkably unremarkable and divorced of everything that made her a hit as a surprise schemer.

• Members

Thank you!  That's more or less what I thought.  The thing is with a Melanie pairing he would have always had some story even if he was on the backburner for a bit.  Perhaps Hapka thought the jobs would roll in a just miscalculated.  I doesn't seem like an insurmountable difference to work out especially when the regime changed and they could have brought Nathan back, but I guess the character was just dropped instead.

AK's Stephanie just lacks depth in general.  She is practically perfect in every way without nuance and has numerous men fighting for her attention.  It's just a very simplistic view of the character and it makes Stephanie boring.

• Members

why did they bring back Steve? he clearly died in early 90's, and Kayla moved on. stop trying to recreate magic couples years after separation (due to death or other reason).. Tony and Anna, Kim and Shane.. it doesn't work anymore. 

days really went overboard with the back from the death stories.. hopefully show will end by 2025, they're done. 

• Members

The thing that annoys me most is how they pretend Patch and Kayla were around for everything when in reality they were offscreen for 16 years. They weren’t there for the possession, they don’t know Vivian or Susan, they weren’t around for Princess Gina or the Salem Stalker, etc.

It’s a shame the show feels the need to lie because the show could get plenty of mileage exploring Patch and Kayla’s lost years, particularly Kayla’s. Imagine if she did something really bad in LA and has been harboring the secret all these years. Patch was only with Ava for about a year before being recaptured so what else was he up to? 

Days got years of story out of Hope’s missing years.

I disagree about Shane and Kim. They’re a supercouple and deserved to be put back together and have their happily ever after. Although not a supercouple, Tony and Anna deserve the same. Now they’re offscreen together and happy. 

I am always happy when Jack is brought back from the dead but I agree, it’s time to stop doing back from the dead stories for a while. That being said, I’d like them to resurrect Anjelica and Laura. Everyone else can stay dead…well, except maybe Abby and Lawrence. But that’s it!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by EdibleFlowers