DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In the June 6 1968 issue of Variety, Bill Bell took out a full page ad

An Open Letter to the Television and Film Industries

The gist was that in the light of the murders of MLK and RFK, he asked the industry  look to themselves as to the presentation of violence in these media.

Next to his name was an asterisk and in the bottom of the page was a small note that he was writer of Days.

He obviously felt strongly about this. At that time he was based in Chicago and would be pretty much unknown to the Hollywood community.

I wonder if there was any reaction?

• Members

I have found a handful of editorials mentioning Bell's Variety ad. Director Jerry Paris also had taken one out, Paris vowing to no longer be involved in anything he thought glorified violence.

Paris' and Bell's sentiments were very supported in newspapers. Oakland Tribune TV columist Bob McKenzie said he hoped Bell's wishes would happen. Papers in Fort Worth, Baltimore, Cincinnati and Des Moines all quoted from at least part of Bell's letter. Des Moines ran another editorial on the same day that didn't mention Bell, but were thoughts that there was too much violence on film and TV.

• Members

DAYS never ended up using Mascolo.  Per Jason47 these were Mascolo's airdates: Days Airdates: January 18, 1982-March 8, 1983; Recurring: March 2, 1984-May 11, 1984; Contract: October 19, 1984-February 22, 1985; Recurring: November 4, 1988-December 19, 1988; Contract: September 17, 1993-August 3, 1994; November 4, 1994-August 14, 1996; Recurring: October 4, 1996-December 24, 1996; February 7, 1997-February 13, 1997; Contract: June 13, 1997-June 14, 2001; June 6, 2007-February 29, 2008; August 5, 2008-July 7, 2016. Recurring: February 9, 2017.

• Members

JASON47 ANNOUNCES SPECIAL TRIBUTE TO DEIDRE HALL AS COUNTDOWN TO HER 5,000TH EPISODE BEGINS...

As Deidre Hall (Marlena) nears her 5,000th episode of "Days of Our Lives', Jason47 will be marking the final 25 episodes of that countdown with a special tribute. Each day that Hall appears in her 4,976th to 5,000th episodes, a synopsis will be posted of one of her first 25 episodes of "Days" from 1976. Fans will find out exactly what Marlena was doing during her first 25 episodes as the countdown concludes with her 5,000th episode. Hall has so far appeared in 4,974 episodes, so the special tribute will begin once she appears in 2 more episodes!

• Members

Awwwww I was wondering if he was alive not that long ago and wondered why Alex never Came Back!

Please register in order to view this content

How Sad!

I Was Wondering Would Anyone Be Interested In The Scenes of Marj Dusay as Vivian??? I have them on my cellphone and All but my timing was bad AND I have been Busy, Would Anyone be interested? If so I'll post'em otherwise I'll just delete the episodes from my Cellphone 

• Members

Question: Does anyone recall an Australian blog from the early 2000s that recapped mid-90s episodes of Days because they were 5 years behind? It just popped into my head and I want to make sure it wasn't some sort of fever dream. I used to enjoy reading them quite a bit.