As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

The board ate my post yesterday. I was thinking about sets that I would complain about, and the first concept I would not be happy about (even if sets would come out I particular wouldn't want) would be a repeat concept. Since there has been a Carly and Jack set, I don't want a Carly or Jack set anytime soon, if a year from now that was done it would be a different story. So obviously if soapclassics would come up with a Josh and Reva set for GL after the Reva set, I'd be rather annoyed as there are a lot of other characters that could be focused on instead. Of course, that may just be me.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I really doubt they'd come back with a Carly dvd....they want to reach the widest possible fan base. My guess would be they'd do a character comparable to GL's Reva (one that spans generations)....perhaps Barbara, Lisa or Lily.

Random thought---did Eileen Fulton ever do an interview with someone like Dick Cavett? It would be fabulous to have some kind of "extras" like that in addition to the episodes.

Edited by P.J.

• Members

I would love that and maybe someday that would be online. Anything that get puts out needs good sales so we're in a niche market with niche stories/couples/characters and it gets a little tricky. What I would personally like to see (the oldest available material, characters like John Dixon, Mike Bauer) may not be the thing that gets the level of sales needed to make money. And if something doesn't sell it slows down the process for anything else in the future. Hopefully that made sense. This entire thing has been a great feeling out of the market and so far has exceeded expectations.

• Members

Roger, in addition to the Lisa story at the Willows, I also hear that Dan Stewart died in Sept 1979, so that might be something worth looking at for a future release. I think a good way to handle things like the older episodes that might not sell as well, is to put them on sets with newer stuff. I think they fit well in a standard Best Of set, so you have a little something for everyone.

I also purchased the CarJack DVD already. Thankfully they were one of my favorite couples, so this is a very exciting release for me. Also a very smart choice. So far I've purchased every set and I hope to be able to continue doing that in the future. My only complaint is that I feel the ATWT packaging looks cheap. The GL set looked sleek and modern, but the ATWT stuff seems very thrown together. I did see a picture for the Netherlands release of ATWT and it looked SO much better.

• Members

I watched all of Sept. 1979 and only saw Nancy get a phone call that Dan was dead. Either I totally missed it or he left town and we found out he died later. Does anyone remember this? I was lookin for Dan for the very first disc as a way to have a nice Stewart episode.

I don't have anything to do with the packaging but my guess is any $$ spent on making it nicer/better is money/time/bandwidth taken away from producing more DVDs. I guess the market will determine what fans want more and SoapClassics will go with the feedback they get on that. I'm not sure what went into the Netherlands ATWT package but that one was done differently than the five other releases. Would you rather have six weeks between releases versus a month if the packaging was better? I have no clue what the options are or if it would be considered but just wondering how you prioritize that. With something like the five years of Dark Shadows set I would expect something really special in terms of packaging.

• Members

That's why he was fired. He was suppose to be hated. He wasn't suppose to be sympathetic but that is the way Bryce played it and Goutman just went crazy over it and fired him.

Edited by Soapsuds