Is ABC Daytime About to Announce a Two-Year Pick Up For One Life to Live?!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm so tired of this bickering and bullshit, that I'd just as soon they canceled both. If they aren't going to make real changes everything else is a waste of time.

But ifthey're going to cancel OLTL (or "One Life" or "One" or "Life" or "The OL") I hope they wait until early next year so I can get the space I want for the cancellation party.

• Members

I agree. I doubt ABC wants to guarantee that OLTL will stay on the air for another two years, especially, like you said, when they don't know just how much it could drop in the ratings and how much money they could be losing. And even if they did agree that they would give them a couple of more years I still don't see the execs announcing it when it isn't even technically a renewal.

• Members

I don't think 'celine is exactly lighting candles for LOV♥OLT's cancellation, it just seems that for months (years) now there's been a lot of sh!t and nary a pot to get off of. Like, don't keep us hanging on if there are no plans in sight to step up the game. It is terribly sad and frustrating for loyal fans. Fans like marce don't rest much on nostalgia, but there's a certain expectation that these shows maintain a level of quality and they have without question fallen short of that. I think every soap still on the air should be on its knees thanking God for its glory years, I do not believe there would be an audience at all if it weren't for the foundation built by past years of excellence. That's just me. And as we've all seen, the glorious past can only do but so much. In a nutsehell, I do not want to see any more soaps cancelled but like anyone who has made any sort of investment, be it financial or emotional, I do not want to see my investment squandered. Get your [!@#$%^&*] together or [!@#$%^&*] you for wasting my time.

• Members

Actually I am but bless you for believing in my essential goodness. :lol:

But the rest of what you say is true for me as far as the genre as a whole. I'm so tired of hearing about how I'm supposed to panic at the thought of another cancellation or say prayers of gratitude because "Show X" gets another year to feed the audience the same disrespect, mismanagement and out of date thinking. When they give me something to believe I'm their biggest supporter, you need only go back to what I was saying about AMC a few months ago. I believed in the show, I believed in the changes they and I talked the show up. But now they went right back to typical ABC garbage and the ratings are showing that. It's improve or die and if they won't do the former, then get on with the business of doing the latter.

Some people believe in Santa Claus. It's not my job to cater to your naivete.

• Members

I honestly could see 1 Life living 2 years. Was looking at a copy of Variety Mag and was shocked to see how badly the major networks are doing in primetime. Granted, daytime has lost a bigger percentage; however, it only makes sence that viewers will just continue to splinter off more and more as even more cable channels are added. I'm almost impressed with Y&R ratings (3.5 hh/1.7) considering the state of the CW and MY network. Soaps will die but, within a decade or so, the mjor networks will die, too. They will just be numbers on the dial like USA, TBS, TNT, OWN. Flipping a remote annoys more and, as a 34 year old, I no longer want more choices. Maybe I'll just buy a little radio and be done with it.

Archived