Is ABC Daytime About to Announce a Two-Year Pick Up For One Life to Live?!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL! Love this "insider info" from DC- Hilarious:

It's not a "pick-up," since ABC doesn't have to renew their shows, but it is a commitment that will be announced with some fanfare this week. I'm not sure of all the changes planned (although I know they're not planning GL-style filming, thank God), but I do know the show is shortening its title, officially, to "One Life" by the end of the year.

As for All My Children, talk is it may be gone by next fall to make way for a spin-off of The View, a show which will likely end up in GH's timeslot, with GH moving to 1 PM Eastern.

• Members

Jamey didn't type that, some random person who just joined the DC site did. rolleyes.gif What are they even talking about.

post #8 in the comments lol..

Submitted by KarenM on September 26, 2010 - 5:51pm #8 Member since:

26 September 2010 Last activity:

8 min 1 sec It's not a "pick-up," since ABC doesn't have to renew their shows, but it is a commitment that will be announced with some fanfare this week. I'm not sure of all the changes planned (although I know they're not planning GL-style filming, thank God), but I do know the show is shortening its title, officially, to "One Life" by the end of the year.

As for All My Children, talk is it may be gone by next fall to make way for a spin-off of The View, a show which will likely end up in GH's timeslot, with GH moving to 1 PM Eastern.

• Members

Actually, what made me "come outta the woodwork" is the belief that ABC announcing a "commitment" to OLTL for two years automatically means "Yeeeeeeah man, let's party party party OMG THEY CAN BRING BACK LUNA AND MAX!!!!!111!!1oneone!11eleven."

If anything comes out of ABC in regards to a commitment to OLTL (or AMC), I fail to see how that can be interpreted as anything other than a sly-ass, slick-ass way of giving either show a two-year cancellation notice.

• Members

That's what makes it sly and slick. Frons has gone on the record more than once as saying that he/ABCD is committed to all three soaps no matter what. If someone in charge (IDK who is in charge of cancellations and the such) has decided that such-and-such-a-show has a year left, they put out a statement saying "We're committed to another year of such-and-such-a-show!!" They don't expect us to know that they don't have to renew their soaps, so the idea is that we think the show is "safe for another year and can sooooo totally turn itself around in a year," but what's really going on is the show is dead, and the cancellation will be announced in a year (or two). Maybe two-year cancellation "notice" isn't the right term. Preliminary cancellation notice fits better.

Archived