Heart Transplant Stories

• Members

What are you guys trying to do to me...

jesse-crying.jpg

I just want to hug and kiss that little girl for being so darn good. GH was my favorite soap for about two years there in high school and between B.J., Monica, and Stone, I don't think any other show has made me choke up as much as I did in those months. Especially on cold, dark, moody, depressing fall/winter afternoons.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, wow, that was just excruciating to watch.

Well, after I said that the Chris Hughes character on ATWT had been handled almost as badly as Maxie, this will help me put the last week of ATWT in perspective. Every time people tiptoe around dumb-a$ Chris and his ludicrous refusal to listen to reason about anything, tempered with his goofy/cloying shtick, I'll just keep in mind that at least he's not asking his parents if they're sure that Douglas Cummings isn't his biological father and recalling how Bob had kept Susan as his mistress for most of Chris's childhood and subsequently didn't have much time to be a father.

• Members

Didn't GL do the first heart transplant story with Bill Bauer in the 60's? It was to tie in with (I think) the shows expansion to 30 mins and new timeslot after after many years at 12.45.

It seems that this story wasn't touched upon again till the 90's. Were there any other earlier examples?

The other thing about this story is that the recipients are usually back to good health within weeks!

• Members

Didn't GL do the first heart transplant story with Bill Bauer in the 60's? It was to tie in with (I think) the shows expansion to 30 mins and new timeslot after after many years at 12.45.

It seems that this story wasn't touched upon again till the 90's. Were there any other earlier examples?

The other thing about this story is that the recipients are usually back to good health within weeks!

• Members

IMHO, the Maxie/BJ heart transplant storyline was the best one done in daytime. There was something about it, and there still is everytime i watch it, that really just breaks my heart. Power house acting ALL around.

The acting in that storyline was just amazing. Jacklyn Zeman, Kristina Wagner, Brad Maule, Robyn Richards, even Lynn Herring...ALL fantastic. And, like someone else said a while back (I think it was quartermainefan), some may say that Kristina Wagner was just a mediocre actress (though I've always thought she was great), but the scene where Felicia falls to her knees, is arguably the most moving scene from daytime. Gives me goosebumps every time.

No other show, IMO, has done a heart transplant storyline that even compared.

Archived