The Suds Report 8/27/10

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think JT is boring. He just doesn't treat all women like scum, so the show sees him as worthless.

If they want to get rid of boring people, then it would be time to clear out one-note Chompers and his TB-ridden bride, not to mention Kevin, Nick, Ronan, Heather, Sharon...

• Members

I think JT is one of the only characters who hasn't been ruined, although I'm sure Y&R will take care of that soon.

If they are looking to get rid of dead weight, my suggestions...I am leaving off the pets (Chloe, Billy, Phyllis) as they are obviously not going to be written out:

Kevin

Jana (love Emily O'Brien though)

Victoria

Nick

Sharon (have Shick reunite and go off canvas for a year -- Morrow can help Sharon Case make jewelry or something until they come back)

Cane

Lily

Heather

Gloria

Daniel

Abby (either recast or send her away long enough to where the age difference between recasts is not as jarring)

Jeffrey

Tucker

Malcolm

Devon (unless they can give him a good story)

Jack (I just do not see a point in this character now -- he makes me feel sad)

• Members

That kind of says a lot about how good Y&R has become at making characters irrelevant.

As long as you have Victor, Nikki, Jill, Katherine, Michael, Lauren, Ashley, there's still a lot of dramatic potential. Skye is a potential firecracker, Neil, although I have never been a big fan, has his moment when KSJ gets the opportunity, Roxanne can be the show's first young black heroine in ages who is not stricken and stupefied. I'm sure the show will always come up with tons and tons for Phyllis, Billy, and Chloe, and Adam will still be there to cause trouble. That is enough cast to keep the show going until they learn how to create good characters.

There is a crapload of dead weight. When was the last time Nick did ANYTHING? When was the last time you enjoyed something with Jack? When was the last time seeing Sharon didn't make you shake your head?

Archived