GH: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since they put Brenda behind Jax in the credits, does that foreshadow romance between the two?

They put Kristina next to Ethan in the credits. Is that foreshadowing a romance?

They put Alexis next to Mac. Do they have a future together?

• Members

I was LMBO when Carly bolted across that table and grabbed Lulu by her locks!

Kristina and Taylor are absolutely adorable together! Liking them already!

What an odd shot of Brenda in the opening! That is how Sam should be looking, not Brenda. I would rather Brenda have the "WTF are you looking at" fierce face like Sam's, than the excited, giddy up look that she has instead.

I just can't get behind Lucky/Maxie. Not after what she did to him. And Maxie is just annoying, I can't stand her.

Olivia is always storming into places in a huff, that is seriously how she always enters into places! But I loved her and Coleman!

• Members

No. From what i have heard, Laura was alittle freaked at first but then they told her shes not fired and SBr isnt coming back as Carly and the two became friends. I think it was Sarah who tweeted/facebooked about going to Lauras winery the other week actually.

What did everyone expect on brendas first day back? This is exactly what i expected. lol. I expected it to go on for episodes actually.

I wish Carly woulda just beat Lulus head into the table.

That new opening is AWFUL all around. Well, it was bad to begin with, but now its worse.

• Members

Good for her. Even if it is one episode, I am so happy she is getting the work. She'll look vivavious and stunning in primetime, unlike the Dark Skies reject that darkened our door.

I expected day one to be THE BRENDA SHOW!!!!! Glad it wasn't. I know alot of people are being sidelined for her return, but I hope there is at least one or two additional stories to play other than hers. GH works best with a rich canvas, even if it is all centered on the mob.

No thanks to Matt. I want Maxie with Lucky or I want them to bring in a love interest for her(crazy thinking I know). Maxie works as this Lucy Coe 2.0 kind of character. They need a fun, interesting straight man to her antics. Spinelli won't do and Matt's such a boring character.

• Members

Especially with all that name. I barely got through "-ness" let alone "-a Marcil Giovincenzotrattoria..."

Her return was a lot like Robin Strasser's return to OLTL in '93:

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/rcwFHz7d3Q0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/rcwFHz7d3Q0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/rcwFHz7d3Q0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

• Members

I didnt expect the brenda show at all, altho it was pointless to do the is this brenda buildup given the promos and the marathon...

I agree about Matt, id be fine if he was written off, however i like him involved with her when she is with Lucky right now because it gives them two men for her to bounce between without them making her fall in love like with spinelli. i also agree with you about her working as kind of a new Lucy type.

Also, Kirsten & JJ have chem and i buy them as a couple. They look good together and come off natural with eachother. My only issue with them is JJ is so asexual (next to KMC he is the most aseual person on this show, IMHO) and Kirsten is so sexual on screen it would be odd to see them in a love scene.

See, i think kirsten is one of the few actress on this show with chem with everyone they pair her with. As far as younger actress' go she is the best (not saying much against JMB and AL tho...) I dont think she really excels in "love" storys, but in dating, hook ups, sex, etc i think she does very well and i find thats when maxie is at her most interesting.

I remember when jesse died and she was this drunken bitch who slept with randoms we never seen and trying with Nikolas and Lucky. I miss that.

• Members

I so agree with this. But for me I don't think it's the Actress, it's the character. Like, I can't see or get into Maxie having a love interest, but if KS were still on DAYS as Belle, I could totally see her with one. With KS on GH, I don't think Maxie should have a love interest. I think they should do different story lines with her other than love ones. None of them work for her, IMO.

• Members

I think it's the character, sometimes the actress (I don't think she's had a believable relationship with anyone since Cooper), and also a show which absolutely stinks at writing any type of passion or romance which doesn't involve a man and a gun. I think they would be smart to just keep less focus on romance if they don't know how to do it, and Maxie is a character who can thrive without romance. I like Matt OK but I admit he's not exactly an earth-shaker, and Lucky looks more like Maxie is recreating that scene in Groundhog Day where Bill Murray tries to save the hobo.

• Members

Yeah...

Also, i think part of the reason i liked matt/maxie/lucky is that its nice to see people just kinda date. on soaps its like hi, we are in love now. I would be fine if they just let her date the canvas with no real love or relationships, and she has plenty to deal with o where she doesnt need romance as a story. patrick/robin/lisa, mac, work, shrewlus life, random run ins with spin, etc..

Archived