ABC programming chief quits

DRW50

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Paul Lee brought some good shows to ABC Family. He picked shows that fitted the trends but also were unique (pretty little liars is pretty much everything gossip girl wishes it could be with vampire diaries type elements. this is whats made it a hit, imho). I also hear he was heavly involved with keeping Kyle XY around, and that show was good. I am also a fan of Secret Life (and its crazy jesus agenda is so amusing), Wildfire, Greek, and melissa & joey looks good (even tho its a ip off of whos the boss)

I am interested to see what ABC will become with him in charge.

Too bad this wont affect ABC Daytime. I wonder tho, with soapnet leaving, if Fronsie will end up in charge of ABC Family...

• Administrator

This was pretty shocking. And reading some of the articles, I had no idea he and Anne Sweeney clashed for years - I guess she finally got her way. Looking back at his tenure, I think it's been mostly successful with huge hits like Lost, Desperate Housewives, Grey's, Modern Family, Dancing With The Stars.

Yeah, I would love it if Frons moved to ABC Family but I doubt that's going to happen. :(

• Members

Hi, Jack -

What is it you think Gossip Girl wishes it could be (but, presumably, is not)? My only problem with it is the same thing that bothers me about any show that lasts this long, that the romantic characters are kept from realizing any kind of realistic resolution because of the "Moonlighting" curse, i.e., happy couple = boring TV. That may be true, but how many times and in how many ways can they logically and realistically keep Blair and Chuck apart? I used to feel the same way about Serena and Dan, but S has turned into such an H. In any case, I continue to enjoy GG (though in truth, I think they should revisit the storyline about Rufus and Lily's son, and maybe recast him).

I don't see any kind of similar situation on PLL, and I've told myself it's because it's only been on for eight or nine weeks. So, I'm curious about what you're thinking is on GG, and how it relates to PLL.

I love Secret Life, too. I shouldn't. The new pregnancy thing makes me just want to scream, and then tell all four fathers to kick in and buy a house for Ricky, Adrian, Ben, and Amy, and let them have a group marriage. Is this really what high school kids want? I can't bring myself to watch the MTV reality version.

And though I love it, I wonder a couple of times each episode where they came up with the title. There's not a secret in that town, not even the normal intergenerational kind you see in real life.

• Members

I watch Secret Life on and off but really another pregnancy storyline? Dont teens deal with other issues besides sex and pregnancy? Rape, STDs, and teen abuse are things I would like to see. If i wasnt soo bored during the summer i wouldnt watch. Will definitely not watch it when it comes back in January. All everyone talks about is sex and getting pregnant. Bunch of horny teenagers!

It would be a miracle if Frons ever left or was fired. Id be dancing and partying all night long!

Archived