ATWT July 2010 Discussion Thread

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't get the Lucinda/Craig plot. I've begun to think that maybe, just maybe, Craig has suckered Lucinda in this French factory plot. As much as the news of Craig showing up with Lily rattled Lucinda, I gotta wonder if Craig isn't trying to use Lily to get back at Lucinda. It seems awfully convenient that Parker got offered a photo shoot (out of nowhere) which Carly felt compelled to supervise on the ONE day she was supposed to go to NY.

And I think nuFaith looks both like Rattray and Beck. Which is kind of weird.

• Members

It was great seeing Reid again. Felt like it has been forever. I always love his scenes with Bob. Reid and Luke are such a nice couple, but they get little to no airtime. Also, TPTB have no interest in making sure that their story makes a lick of sense. Luke already quit the board, but there he was saying that he would quit. Bob already offered Reid his job back, but there he was saying that Bob wouldn't give him job back. This show!

This thing with Craig and Lily is so icky. He is her brother in every way that counts, stop it.

I'll never understand TPTB's Janet obsession, NEVER.

• Members

Liked the Carjack talk--it's long overdue for Carly to be calling Jack out.

Dusty needs to wake up---Carly was right when she said Juicy was jerking him around. And then her little "oh, he's Italian and you see danger everywhere" was ridiculous. HELLO---you haven't seen this guy in X years, and you're willing to believe what he says automatically? WTH is wrong with that woman?

Craig/Lily---BARF. They've "never gotten together" because he always (or at least before Lindstrom took over the role) treated her like a little sister. Even Hunt Block played on the brother-ish angle.

I will never understand TIIC fawning over ex-ABC actors, and rewriting the show's dynamics to showcase them.

• Members

If the show was continuing I could see them pairing Holden and Janet.

I'm still so many weeks behind, thank you for warning me in advance of Lily/Craig. Why why why why? In the 85-86 episodes I've been gorging on through Youtube, the little sister relationship she had with him was so sweet, one of the more endearing things with Lily. And now this? Between this and the stuff with Dani they seem to think Craig needs to have the grossest quasi-incestuous relationships possible.

• Members

So Blackie is working for Lucinda? I missed their chat at the Lakeview. Again Lucinda was the highlight. Craig and Lily are just gross together.

Jon H. hair piece is bad! It's so obvioius he is wearing one.

I am glad that Henry is going to nail Katie again tomorrow.

• Members

Yes. He's borrowing money from Blackie to fund the perfume co. I could understand Lucy tricking Craig into buying a non-existant factory...but I don't get the rest... :wacko:

Lucy told Blackie to shut his mouth around big-mouth Janet, lest Dusty start interfering in their plan.

• Members

OMG Reid is hilarious: "...you're nice to people, without threatening their children or kicking their heads." :D I'm sure we all have a friend like that in the group. You know, the one who makes all the sardonic comments, and everyone just gives them the side-eye of death. Good times. Gee, he and Luke just ooze that chemistry, even standing within a few feet of each other. Intense!

I really love this Lucinda story, with her trying to take Craig down. Not entirely sure where its all going, but I'm sure in some strange way she knows exactly what she's doing. I say GET 'EM! I can't stand Craig, not this one anyway. It sucks that TPTB give homegirl something intriguing to do right at the end. Let me toss in how gagworthy Lily and Craig *in any capacity* is. -_-

Sick to death of Carjack. Their problems are endless of course, the least of which Carly doesn't trust this man at all. How many times does he have to say he doesn't want to be with Janet before she gets it? He's trying to do right by his child, which includes looking out for he/shes mother. Carly expects him to not give a s**t about his kid, to devote all his time to her--otherwise he doesn't love her because he wants to be with Janet--WHAT?! Already Carly is shaping up to be the evil stepmonster.

Damn, isn't even born yet, and Carly's this jealous and possessive. There's enough love to go around, at least Jack and Janet are actually amicable, considering the way they broke up. The situation could indeed be worse. One filled with bitterness, mutual hatred, and in-fighting--truly a bad parental environment, but they're actually trying.

It's like, STFU Carly and get over yourself--Jack and this kid should be considered a packaged deal at this point.

• Members

Uhm, it's not about the kid. (Although honestly, Carly's been damn understanding about that, since all this impregnation happened after Jack said he loved her and not Janet.)

It's about the fact that she was the absolutely last person to find out about this arrangement. Not only should Jack have told her, he probably should have warned her before he even brought it up to Janet. C'mon---what significant other would tolerate Jack endlessly needing to pick up the pieces of Janet's life every time she decides to assert her "independence"?

Janet used to repeatedly blow her stack when Carly needed to discuss the kids with Jack---when Carly was clearly off doing Craig and Jan had a ring on her finger. When that shoe was on the other foot, Janet would practically knock down Carly's door and call her a bitch. Carly rightly pointed out Jan has NEVER had any trouble taking Jack's help, and now, to top it off, Jack lied (by omission) to her. That's not good for the Carjack relationship. Jack expects honesty from Carly. Carly deserves the same from Jack.

• Members

It wasn't good when Janet did it either. It's about the kid because if the kid didn't exist, what would be the point of running behind Janet? I think Jack, despite my distaste for him, is actually trying to do whats best to keep Janet happy while she's pregnant with his kid.

Carly thinks its best that Dusty take care of Janets needs (which I could understand), but Jack wants some involvement and hell I don't blame him! No significant other would be okay with the complexity of the situation, but I would want to be apart of some aspects of whats going on with my kid, if that includes helping the mother who's pregnant with it so be it. Probably not to the degree I would move her on my property, but...we're in that ballpark.

My significant other would need to get with the program. Right now, all I see is Carly becoming the evil stepmonster with her insecure, shrewish behavior.

Archived