ALL: They Almost Became

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Kimberly McCullough (Robin Scorpio) was the guest on yesterday's released SOD Podcast. In it she talks about her career in acting and directing. She also mentioned she as well as Shiri Appleby was up for the role of Robin back in 1985. 

• 2 months later...
  • Members

As a side tidbit that I personally didn't know, in her Lochner interview to celebrate 30 years in daytime, Laura Wright mentions that at the time she ended up landing Cassie on Guiding Light she also had been offered (or was in contention for) a role on All My Children as a doctor and decided to go with the stripper role

Please register in order to view this content

Anyway since this is 1997 I assume that would be the role that Alla Korot played, Allie (which is funny since LW also played an Allie on Loving).

• Members

Dr Allie Doyle was on May 1997-Nov 1998

She was the ex GF of David Hayard and he is the reason he first came to PV. She dated Jake (Michael Lowry). Then she ended up getting Possesive and left town

Im sure if LW had tken the AMC role, the character name would have been changed

Edited by John

• Members

According to Wikipedia for GL's Cassie Layne Winslow, After Laura Wright announced she was leaving the show, both GH's Cynthia Preston (Faith Roscoe) & OLTL/AW/GH Actress Jensen Buchanan were up for the role. Nicole Forrester won the role in the end. 

• Members

I like both actresses but I can't see them as Cassie. Someone on here mentioned a long time ago that Sarah Brown would've been a great recast for Cassie and I actually can see her in that role. I would love for her to be in scenes with Kim Zimmer and I think she would bring that headstrongness that Carly had years ago.

• Members

Sarah Brown is actually not a bad idea because she had that extra spunk but in the end there was nothing wrong with going with an unknown. NF was fine; she was a bit too soft and swee but the writing for Cassie (and the show) by then was garbage so there was nothing anyone could have done better imho

• 2 weeks later...