ALL: They Almost Became

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Mary Beth Evans agreed to play OLTL's first Paige Miller but ATWT offered her a contract to remain as Sierra so she backed out and Kimberlin Brown was Hired

When Brown's replacement, Cady Huffman left six months after she arrived, OLTL talked to Crystal Chappell who was in contract talks at GL but she decided to remain in Springfield and we got stuck with the 3rd and final Paige, Alexandra Neil who was under contract. FYI Neil had played two-three other roles on OLTL before becoming Paige

• Members

Audrey on ONE LIFE was also the character who introduced Mari Lynn to her favorites bar that was in Philadelphia near the FRATERNITY ROW studios (the show as taped in Philly until the studios burned down, at which point the show moved to the studios of WVLE in Llanview)). The bar was called Speakeasy, and was the newly=acquired set from the cancelled RYAN'S HOPE..Ryan's Bar! Subsequently, Max bought the bar and turned it into Max's Place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Elaine Princi auditioned to play Julia Medina. Later, she was cast at the last minute as Dorian when Paul Rauch realized there was no way Robin Strasser was coming back.

When Joe Hardy came to Loving, he wanted to fire the first Jeff Hartman (Scott Feraco), and take the character in a new direction. He didn't want the actor to find out that he was auditioning a lot of other people, so he pretended this was another role. Feraco already figured it out, and to make matters more painful, James Horan, who had auditioned, was a close friend of his. Feraco told Horan that if anyone should replace him, he'd want it to be him. Instead, the show went with Michael Maguire, who was also very short-lived in the role. Horan was cast as one of the Clay Aldens.

A Digest from before Loving's premiere said that they were close to getting Celeste Holm in a contract role. I guess this would have been Isabelle. I wonder why it fell through.

• Members

I apologize if this has been posted somewhere in this thread already I am on my lunchbreak and in between meetings and presentations, so I don't have alot of time to weed through all the threads.

Hunter Tylo (Taylor, B&B) almost became the role of Taylor on Melrose Place. This was the role Lisa Rinna (ex-Billie, Days) ended up getting and the role that Tylo was fired from that launched her lawsuit against Aaron Spelling.

Susan Lucci (Erica, AMC) read for the part of Tara Martin on All My Children. TPTB thought that she was a better fit for the role of Erica instead.

Edited by AmandainNC28655

• Members

John I had read that about Juilanne Morris and had completely forgotten she was up for the role of Billie before they cast Krista Allen in it. I also remember reading somewhere that Lauren Woodland (ex-Brittany, Y&R) was up for the recast role of Babe before they decided to go with Amanda Baker, whom I found absolutely dreadful in the role. I do know that Catherine Hickland had been considered for the role of Krystal on AMC.

Others I know of is Sarah Aldrich was cast just briefly as Victoria on Y&R and then they recast the role. I also remember reading that Rebecca Budig was being considered for the role of Sarah Webber on GH and that Gina Tognoni was also rumored to be up for the role of Brenda on GH. This was when VM kept turning them down. Also, Galen Gehring's wife was a contender for the role of Carly but lost out to Jennifer Bransford I think.

• Members

Gina Tognoni was Up For GH's Carly and B&B's Agnes

OLTL wanted Sarah Brown as Marty But Cast Christina Chambers

Rebecca Budig Auditioned for AMC's Kelsey Before TC Warner Got The role. Budig then got cast as Michelle on GL

Edited by John

• Members

Chris Bruno auditioned to play David Rampal on AMC. He thought soaps were kind of silly at that point, and was glad in the long run he didn't get the role, because he got to stay in acting school (no comment from me).

Paul Satterfield auditioned to play Mac. When he wasn't chosen, they rewrote the role of Paul Hornsby to suit him.

• Members

Louise Sorel almost left Days of Our Lives to take the role of Vanessa on All My Children, but decided to stay with Days.

Esta TerBlanche auditioned for Allie Doyle before being cast as Gillian.

Beth Ehlers, Maura Tierney and Tea Leoni all screen-tested for the role of Cecily Davidson on AMC. Tierney also read for the role of Hayley on Santa Barbara.