GH: Skye spoiler

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's an exception to ABC Daytime having the same universe.

I don't think two Skyes is any more ridiculous than an unabortion, or freezing the world.

Skye only exists in name only now anyway. She serves no purpose beyond an ATM for Robin Christopher, IMO. If there is story for Skye on AMC and if Robin Christopher doesn't want to go back to AMC (I know we don't know any of this, we're just speculating), then I don't think recasting Skye would be a horrible idea. Obviously I wouldn't want her to return if it's just to do a lot of crap but I think the Chandler family could be revived with a character like Skye at the helm.

• Members

I don't think its the same thing. At least MB playing to different characters can be explained if you just think of Nico and Sonny as two characters who look remarkably alike. Two Skye Chandlers makes no sense, especially when we've seen her cross over to different shows in a relatively small amount of time and on rare occasion mention characters from other shows. Adam showed up on OLTL and Rae showed up on GH. None of thise events would make sense if were suddenly supposed to think the ABC shows are in their own universe.

• Members

No one has seen her cross over in almost a decade. Nothing on ABC Daytime has made sense in years. If the story is there I think it would work out OK.

I would be fine if GH wrote Skye out - she's barely there anyway - and then after that recast Skye for AMC. I'm just saying if Frons and JFP continue to use Skye in a meaningless capacity with past their sell by date characters, then her role on the show is so limited anyway that I don't think bringing Skye back to AMC with a different actress would be a mistake.

If it were up to me I would just casually rewrite the last 11 years of this Skye anyway. I'd probably even consider rewriting that weird coma stuff they stuck poor Carrie Genzel with.

• Members

It seems like Robin's ties to JFP make that difficult. If it's AMC who doesn't want her back then that's their problem and they're stupid. If she doesn't want to come back, and they don't want Skye back, then I guess the limited role on GH is understandable. If she doesn't want to come back and they want to recast Skye then I think it should be done.

They could always have Skye leave Port Charles and then have Robin Christopher arrive in town as a new character.

I just realized how many pages of this have nothing to do with her actual storyline. Poor Rosa Blasi...

• Members

I think Skye has been a waste since about 2006. And it hurts me to say that, because Skye really is my all time favorite daytime character (though there are some that are almost as close.)

When she came to town, I loved loved loved her storylines. Her confrontations with Monica, Allan excepting her, Monica wanting her out, Allan reminding her that he accepted Daw, etc etc. Skye pretending to be close to Edwars to blackmail him with AJ...greeat stuff.

IMO, the transformation into what she is now is when she stopped drinking. When she was close to AJ and they were mamiplulating drunks, it was perfect. She was a great villainess. They softened her up some when they paired her wit Jax, but that only made her more loveable because they had made chemistry.

The storyline with Heather Webber? LOVED IT. Then in 2005 (ish), when they started playing Luke and Skye as like a...couple...it got gross, and the character started to change. By 2006 she was a full fledged GOOD PERSON, and it just got boring.

I say put her in a storyline where she's a mad, conniving, drunken bitch, who stumbles across her real paternity (ALAN), when she finds out ALAN IS ALIVE. Then you bring Rae back to town, Skye wants nothing to do with her for lying about the paternity, and she goes off the rocker and begins trying to double cross Edward to gain control of ELQ to punish Tracy, because she finds out Tracy knows about her paternity.

THAT'S the skye that was so popular. If they put her in a storyline like this, i would be thrilled....But this nice, pleasant, optimistic Skye who goes around giving stray teenagers advice just drives me NUTS and it's a waste of RC's talent.

• Members

Making her not Alan's daughter ruined her and made her into a joke. It was bad enough that they made her not Adam's kid but they built an entire storyline around her being a Quartermaine and changed the history of this ore family too accomodate her. They then went and undid that so she could have sex with Ned for like 5 minutes in a relationship that went nowhere. After that, Skye lost her place on the show. She felt kinda forced after that. Alan helped anchor her a bit once once they killed him off, it was a wrap for her. The stuff thats being done with her now is embarassing. She is such a waste the way she is being used now and Id rather not see her than see them continue to compromise the integrity of this ccne great character. I wish GH and ABC actually gave a damn

• Members

Back to something that was said earlier...

While the shows are set in the same universe, there are exception to that. For instance, it was obvious that The City and GH were set in the same universe, because Tracy was on the show as Tracy. However, Laura Wright and Lisa LoCicero were also on the show as different characters, but there is no referrence that Tracy already knew people who look just like them.

And it's happened with Skye's history too. MB played Nico on AMC. And him and Robin shared scenes as Skye and Nico, and then later as Skye and Sonny, yet Skye didn't say "oh you look just like this guy I used to know!" which shows that there are exceptions to shows being in te same universe.

I don't see how having two Skye's would be any different. As long as they didn't appear on two shows on the same day.

So say GH wants Skye in their episodes on Monday and Friday, they then let AMC know that they are free to use their recast on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday, as they please.

Then when Skye first arrives in Pine Valley, have whoever she talks to her ask her where she's living. She'll say Port Charles and then they'd make a comment like "oh well good thing that's so close to here, you can be back by dinner"

Then every ao often on AMC have someone ask her why she doesn't just buy a house in Pine Valley, and she can remind them that she lives in PC which works for her, since it's suuuuuch a short drive between the two towns.

I would rather just see RC go bak and forth, but if that's not going to happen I could live with two Skye's, as long as it was done right, which would mean the show executives would have to communicate with each other a lot.

• Members

I'm not sure that necessarily points to an exception since some actors have played the two different characters on the same show without any noticing the resemblance between the two characters. Like when Sarah Brown came back as Claudia or when the actress on AMC who played the waitress who helped prove Erica's innocence during the murder trial came back as the character of Di a year or two later.

• Members

Right, that just further explains what I was saying. If Sarah brown could play two characters and no one in town recognize her, then surely two actresses could playthw same character on two different shows.

If Skye was airing pn amc and gh on the same DAY then that would be odd, but if her pine valley persona was on amc on the days her gh one wasn't, it would make perfect sense.

Especially for people who watch AMC and not GH, or vice versa. And for example if something major happened on GH with Skye, it could later be mentioned on AMC and vice versa.

All I was saying was that if Skye and Tracy and all those people can interact with actors they interacted with on another show, and an actress can play two offerent parts on the same show, all without there being any oddities, then surely two actresses can play the same character on two different shows, as long as the executives coordinated it correctly.

• Members

So, you're saying two actresses playing the SAME same character? Like she's in Port Charles on M-T-W in the form of Robin Christopher and in Pine Valley on R-F in the form of Sandra Nelson or whoever? :unsure:

Although I find the idea of two Skyes in parallel universes intriguing :lol: , I dunno. With AMC in L.A. I'd rather see RC spend a few months here, a few months there. Although I've now accepted Jamie Luner as Liza, I thought she'd have made a perfect Skye recast and now I'm thinking Skye would be superfluous on the canvas. It seems like it would be difficult to write for these ladies in unique ways when they'd serve such a similar function (not to mention look) on the show. Skye's Colby's big sister, that's cool I guess, but are Skye and Liza almost identical rivals or friends? It also seems like Skye would be playing matriarch ahead of her time, there aren't that many romantic options for her. There's of course Tad, but damn, with Liza and Krystal already, the guy would be getting the cat just thrown at him, and I don't see Skye with Jesse or Jack, though I could see her vying for Caleb, pitting her against her old pal Erica could be fun, and Ryan, ugh. My fear is that they'd be tempted to pull that "we're not blood related" crap and make J.R. and Scott Pine Valley's answer to A.J. and Ned, and I say NO! to that one. There are more guys in Skye's bracket on GH and OLTL.

Archived