GH: Skye spoiler

• Members

Nope he doesnt. I like RC, but I dont think she should be allowed to do what JFP is letting her. Can you imagine if GenIe Francis wanted to come back for money and have as much freedom to work and go as she wanted to, like they are doing with RC? Can you see Laura returning like this, on for a few days a month, only to remind us of her big story every few weeks and then nothing? Nope, they'd bring her back, work her to death and then chuck her out within a few weeks. Its good to be a FoJ

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How about this: since we obviously need Skye back on AMC, and since it's fairly clear RC ain't going back there anytime soon, what if AMC were to recast Skye (mind you, with a good actress) and allow GH to keep theirs? Skye, as a character, would exist in two separate soap worlds, AMC's and GH's, but with each Skye independent of the other (i.e., AMC doesn't have to refer to GH's Skye still being in Port Charles, and vice-versa).

• Members

Yeah that could work. Skye isn't on GH enough for that to be a problem. It would have to be coordinated tho, like the three days a week shes not on GH, the other actress can be on AMC and vice versa, which would then just give the illusion that she goes back and forth (which would be believeable since the cities are supposed to be close).

• Members

Actually, that might be too complicated for GH. I still shudder from the times they tried to coordinate story with PORT CHARLES and failed.

Besides, it's no secret how much I hated Angela Shapiro's attempts at cross-pollinating the ABC soaps. I've always preferred each soap existing in its own world (except, of course, for AMC co-existing with OLTL, and vice versa). Giving us two Skye Chandlers, each operating independently of the other, would be a good way to bring that back into practice. For one thing, AMC's Skye would no longer have to be yoked to the ridiculous backstories w/ Rae, w/ OLTL's Ben Davidson, or even w/ Alcazar, the Quartermaines and everything else GH-related. Let GH's Skye be saddled with that; on AMC, Skye is still Adam and Althea's daughter, and the last time she was in Pine Valley, she was busy helping Janet and Erica bring down Dr. Jonathan Kinder.

• Members

That just ruins everything if they did that, the great thing about Skye is that she has SOO MUCH history between 3 soaps. Even if you were to have just a Skye that co-existed between OLTL & AMC how would could we just erase the fact that Adam came to OlTL and told her he wasn't her father..too complicated.

How about they just give her a damn story already, hooking her up with Jax again would be perfect, especially since Brenda is coming back.

• Members

The problem I have with her history in recent years is most of it is crap. Her entire OLTL run was degrading and centered on annoying characters, and then it was rewritten again and again when she got to GH. I liked her relationship with Jax and she had some nice moments with Alan and AJ but I don't think that was worth 11 years of endless rewriting and a lot of sitting around doing nothing.

A long time ago Skye stopped being a character and just started being someone played by an FOJ.

If there isn't any story for Skye on AMC then so be it but if there is story then I think they should take the risk and recast her.

• Members

Two Skye chandlers just wouldn't make sense for me. The ABC soaps are quite firmly established as existing in the same universe so if they suddenly started writing things as if they are in some alternate universe it would just be confusing.

Archived