Is Goutman responible for the no returns??

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unless we hear who and why...I'm not sure it has anything to do with Goutman. I've never have expected

back. EVER. I guess I'm willing to believe that scheduling conflicts exist. I mean, a lot of the people I'd be interested in seeing again (Scott Bryce, Brian Bloom) aren't going to drop everything for a cameo. Not to mention the awkward recast angle.

• Members

Goutman is going to focus on his era of ATWT--almost 20% of the shows run. I never really thought about that fact that he has been in charge for 1/5 of ATWT. I would like to see Ellen, Lyla, Rose Marry Pritz; however, a whole lot of fans have no connection to any of these characters seeing as they were gone between 12-15 years ago. I'm 34. have a great memory, and remember Brian McColl but my 63 year old mother can not recall anything about the character. I'd like to see him but I question how many fans would get all fired up and tune in for anyone aside from John Dixon.

BTW, I'm waiting for Lucinda's old PA Jane but I'm probably the only one. I'm Janes number 1 fan...lol (Creapy!)

• Members

It is hard to know who Goutman asked back and who refused. However, the rumors do suggest that he has burnt a lot of bridges during his tenure. I don't much care. I don't think that the returns add much to a soap that is at the end of its rope though though they can be nostalgic for fans.

• Members

ATWT does have a brutal history with letting actors go. ART (Conor Walsh) was told as she was getting into her car on a Friday afternoon not to show up on Monday, as I understand it. Scott Bryce has been treated like some kid auditioning after a success run of 'Our Town' at his local high school. I think it's something that started long before Goutman took over.

Archived