How about an ATWT/NUKE spin off for Logo?

• Members

I got to thinking about how a Nuke As the World Turns spin off might work really well on Logo Network. The characters already have a large international fan base and it would be fairly easy to build a once a week 13 episodes a year show. I know that PGP is working on a show for MTV, Viacom sister station to Logo, and am really suprised no one has floated this idea. The couple could either stay in Oakdale or relocate to another city. Lucinda is a great fag hag, she married Brian, and characters such as Lilly and Faith could be part of a supporting cast. It would be so much fun to see Metro turn into a gay bar! I'm not saying this new show would be art but it would certainly be better than Noah's Arc.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would watch it, for sure. It would be interesting to see how another team would write Noah once they were freed of the fear of offending Prim and Proper Presbyterians who buy Procter and Gamble Products.

The only issue I have with it is that Logo censors _a lot_ of language. I'm sure it would be better than on broadcast TV, even with that qualification. TTTT, I'd rather see them move to HBO. No language restrictions and better sex scenes than you'd see on Logo.

• Members

You know, the idea isn't half-bad?

Here's a possible premise:

In the final episode(s) of ATWT, Luke and Noah part ways, and Noah departs for a new job in Los Angeles. Reid, however, realizes (thanks to a ONS with a former lover) he is not ready for a serious, long-term relationship with Luke. Luke, devastated, impulsively walks away from Oakdale to start life anew in Chicago.

Six months later, Luke is ensconced in his new life, perhaps running an art gallery he opened with his family's money. He has two new friends: one, a male, an artist who Luke met through his new connections in the art world; the other, a female, a recent law school graduate who works at the Cook County District Attorney's office. Fortunately, Chicago isn't too far from Oakdale, thus allowing Lily, Lucinda and others to make frequent visits.

Reid himself makes two appearances during the first season. The first occurs early in the season, when Reid shows up for one episode to win Luke back and fails. The second occurs toward the end, at the same time Noah, now working as a production manager, is in town on a location shoot. (Specifically, Reid gets mixed up with Faith, who has gotten pregnant by her new boyfriend (no, not Reid, lol) and has turned to Luke for help.) During the season-ending, three-episode arc with Luke, Noah and Reid, Luke and Noah appear to be on the verge of reconciliation, much to Reid's chagrin. Eventually, though, Luke learns Noah's big secret: a new boyfriend waiting for him back in L.A. Luke is hurt to learn Noah has moved on, but the two part once again as friends. Reid doesn't know about Luke and Noah's latest breakup -- but he does put in for a transfer to a hospital in the Windy City. ;-)

Archived