• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well to me, after how things turned out, Declan really did rape Holly J. She didn't want to do it with him and he went on with it anyways. But Holly J still cares for him and I could see why she didn't see it as rape. I like the way they wrapped up things with these two, I'm not a fan of this pairing and I hope they just stay friends. I like Holly J with Sav a lot better.

Claire's story is good, I am finally starting to like her now that she has sort of an edge. I felt really bad for her when her parents finally told her that they were divorcing.

Chantay has been going to Degrassi for like seventeen thousand years, I think it's time for her to go. Lol, I just don't care to much about her little storyline the show has going on. The idea behind it is good though, and I'm glad Mr. Simpson is going to allow the clubs at the school to come back.

Edited by AllmyDaysatGH

• Members

I was sort of resistant to it at first after seeing it in the promos, but after watching how it turned out I like the whole dynamic between Drew/Fiona/Adam. It's interesting, I think I like Fiona with Adam a lot more. Does Fiona know that Adam is trans gender though? I thought that was revealed to the whole school, I can't remember for sure though. It seems like Fiona doesn't know but I could be wrong about that.

Clare is a mess! I just don't know about her, she was all over the place today. She doesn't know who she is, glad that's been established. Now can she just stop whining about it and actually try to do something about it?

Dave is not a true friend and I hope Wes stays away from him.

• Members

Got my question answered....so Fiona has no idea that Adam is trans gender. That makes things more interesting. Well I'm kind of bummed that the triangle ended so fast, but I am looking forward to seeing Adam & Fiona get closer.

Wes is stupid for being Dave's friend again....I would have dissed him and never looked back. What Dave did was cruel and Wes should have went and ratted him out to Mr. Simpson for tazing him out of nowhere like that. I hate that they are all of a sudden best buds again now. Whatever!

The Eli/Claire stuff was pretty good!! Thought it was nice how they revealed that he's a hoarder. I understood where he was coming from, and I liked how things ended...

Seriously?! Only one more episode until the Fall finale?? Maybe it's just me but this just seemed way to short!

• Members

How many episodes were there in this half of the season? Because I don't understand this ish one bit. So after next week, S10 is done? Or is there more in the spring? Because cutting the season up into three chunks is so unnecessary, Linda.

I tuned out a few episodes before the end of the summer soap set-up, not because I was disinterested but because I was just no longer able to watch. And I guess the MTV episodes weren't getting the ratings because they're not airing this little run of episodes.

• Members

Ooooh okay, I'm starting to remember now. Isn't it 24 episodes in the second-half though? Since they said the season would be 48 episodes long. And yes, it was wrong for me to blame the goddess that is Linda. I don't understand why TEENick and ABC Family do this. It undermines any momentum built up in the string of episodes. Just as I'm getting into things, boom, we're stuck with a "summer finale" or "fall finale" or "winter finale" or whatever. Just give me a good, solid 20-30 episode season stretching from September to May, and I'm good.

I finally saw the second Riley two-parter from the 4-eps-a-week string. It was...I can't even lie, it sucked pretty bad. The dialogue is absolutely atrocious and so heavy-handed ("You don't hit a homophobic, Riley! When you hit a homophobic, they only become more homophobic!!" and "If I ever hear one more homophobic thing from you..." are the winners, by far). I used to like AK as Riley, but he can't handle this at all...at all. I like the guy who plays Zane, and he's able to work through the crappy dialogue, but Zane's gotten quite annoying. Who was that cute guy who bid on him in the auction? Why is he wasting time with Riley when Degrassi/Toronto obviously has other cute gay guys to go after? The only part of the whole hour that I didn't get annoyed by was the scene where Riley was about to come out to his mom and bitch just bulldozed the whole thing with perhaps the single most harmful thing a parent can say to his or her closeted child: "I just want grandkids." It's not about what you want, so pop off. I liked the understated way Riley reacted to that, though. Not a rage-filled cry-fest, but a small death deep inside. That was well done.

Wesley, I don't like him and I don't like how we're supposed to root for guys like him. "He's smart, he's nice blah blah blah." He has the spine of a jellyfish, and I think most people consider that an undesirable trait. He's unlucky with the ladies not because he's not conventionally attractive (which, if he got a freaking tan and did something to that hair, he wouldn't be so bad at all) but because he has no confidence, and as long as he's crapping his pants every time someone like Anya looks at him for more than two seconds, he won't ever have any. If you like the girl enough to beg your "friends" for help on how to "mack," then you need to scare up the courage to do it your own way. And if she doesn't respond, move on.

Sheesh.

• Members

Just before the second half of the season started, Stephen Stohn said things has changed and the last 4 episodes were cut, and it was just 20. He never said why though.

And is it just me or has the second half of the season been a little on the boring side? I honestly have not enjoyed anything but the Alli drama.

• Members

Yeah It's been a little boring lately, but I thought this past Friday's episode was pretty good...

I am surprisingly liking Jenna/Sav!! LOL @ the little tiff between Jenna and Holly J at the end. That was hilarious. I like Sav with both of them but I see more potential good story with Sav/Jenna, but that's only if he's willing to be with her when she's with child.

Ha, Wes/Fiona. Wes is funny, I was laughing during the scene where he was telling Dave and Connor about how he had a wet dream during class. They are not very good friends to him though!! I am looking forward to Wes and Fiona's date. I think it would be great if Fiona gave him a chance afterwards, though it seems he is moving a bit to fast. I hate that he's already thinking about having sex with her rolleyes.gif calm down.

• Members

Oh wow!! That 2011 preview that aired after Friday's show looked GOOD! I got chills watching it. Can't wait to see Alli back, that story looks like it will be great. Zane & Riley!! We haven't seen them once since the show started back, I can't wait to see what happens with them. They are saving all the good stuff until the new year starts I think smile.gif

Jessica Tyler (Jenna) was horrible in this episode IMO. Such bad acting from start to finish! She made me cringe.

There goes my hope for a Jenna/Sav relationship...I kinda figured things would end up the way they did. I'm glad K.C. and Jenna made up though. I hope K.C. really steps up this time.

Wes and Anya were cute. That was a predictable ending...lol, but I wish they would have taken a different route. And I just have to say how dumb is Wes for thinking those pills would help him last longer on a date?? Really??

I think the show should give Wes a makeover and give him a total personality change. That's something I could see happening with him. New wardrobe, hair, attitude, everything..

Fiona stood up Adam sad.gif I felt really bad for him.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I'm almost finished S1 of Degrassi Junior High (yes, I know, I'm taking my sweeeet time).

Spike annoyed the hell out of me in her big pregnancy episode. They're doing with Spike/Shane the same thing they would do with Jenna/KC on DTNG. The girl finds out she's pregnant, lets it marinate in her mind for a while, gets somewhat used to the idea, then drops it all on the guy and expects him to be at the same level of acceptance as she is. I didn't like that.

Rick is so weird. The way he stormed off with his fugly hair, pimply face, and airtight jeans in the anti-factory episode was hilarious.

If I had to pick favorite characters, I'd have to say Wheels (except for the random bitching out of his bio-dad), Joey, Caitlin, Lucy, and Yick.

On the DTNG side of things, how was tonight's premiere?

• Members

If Degrassi's two Ricks had a baby it would be this guy:

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/yTuXJNcafjY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param'>http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/yTuXJNcafjY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/yTuXJNcafjY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Yeah, Wheels is an interesting case. In this series and in Kids of Degrassi Street where the actor played essentially the same character by a different name (and was also paired with the actress who played Caitlin), he was written as the young, cool, rebel stud, kinda like what they were trying with Rick. Then Wheels got glasses and whatnot and he became weird and sorta dark, they totally flipped his original type and intent.