Martha Byrne (ex Lily Snyder) ATWT news

• Members

Packing in the front hallway? Yeah, it was something, but one little foyer/limbo does not an anchor family make. Too little, too late.

He was so good, Ryan Phillippe. It's to ABC's eternal shame that they refused to let RP play the new, gay, Joey Buchanan, the way it was originally presented to them.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Never watched any other soaps besides the PG ones, (with an occasional trip to Salem during the completely over the top SSK storyline, what the freak was that about anyway?)

But of course, the golf pants were to hit home he was a middle class moron, cause you know only homophobic bigots have bad taste (elitist east coast creative thinking at work again :D ) But if that actor played him I would think the reason he was pissed is that his hottie little son was going to get all the d*ck he denied himself hiding in the closet!

I am glad the exit was fast..we didn't have to suffer any "love scenes," did we????

• Members

I don't think Iva ever had any love scenes, although I'm only talking about the time I watched, when she was with John, and then Jason.

So, since this was originally about Martha Byrne, was there any particular guy you thought her Lily had the most chemistry with?

I liked Lily best with Damian, at least the first run.

I never quite got my head around her being involved with Caleb, as that seemed out of character for her, but then, Michael David Morrison was hot enough to make it more understandable.

I've never seen most of the Derek story. Was that any good? Did anyone think Thomas Gibson would have such a long career based on his soap work?

• Members

Lily was with Caleb??? During the last year or so of DM I quit watching as I was bored. That included a good chunk of his time, including Thomas Gibson and that ridiculous "Cottage of Love," they lived in.

I actually liked Lily with Mike's brother Mark..(the hot one they put with oogly Connor.) The guy wasnt the best actor, but he was hot and had the kind of personality to make it work. He had the kind of low key masculinity, despite the face and the soap opera bod, that made him seem kind of real. I too thought Damien was good, though as MB got older it was harder and hardet to believe that he was so madly in LURRVE with her.

I actually liked she and Holden "Grown Up." They both kind of gained weight and aged like real people and their "firey," passion turned into a warm kind of companionship, again, like real people (I am so sick of "LURVE of my LIFE," grand passion on soaps, one of the things I think killed them..) If both of them could have stayed as a stable couple, dealing with their friends, their families and their kids, I would have like them, they had enough people that could bounce off them. It was MADD and her instance on using the same old formula for the "Super Couples," that made me hate Lily and Holden and their break ups and make ups. The same with Jeva on GL, if they had let them (and I include the actors) play their age instead of trying to contatntly recapture the 80s and 90s, they could have make an interesting couple you want to see grow old.

• Members

It's funny how you can forget many of Lily's involvements. I've blocked out Lily and Caleb, Lily and Linc, Lily and Derek, Lily and almost-Mike, Lily and Simon. The ones I remember most are Lily and Dusty (Brian Bloom), Lily and Damian (the first time) and Lily and Holden. Of all these, the best to me was Lily and Damian in the Malta days, where Lily had to battle the mother-in-law from hell. If I remember correctly, Lily actually chose Damian over Holden at that time. I also remember that unlike most soap studs, Damian NEVER cheated on Lily...not even once.

• Members

Today I was reminded how much more I like Noelle Beck as Luke's mother. Martha Byrne was the Lily who wanted to send Luke to a right wing concentration camp, and for that reason she will never be acceptable as Luke's mother.

• Members

She didn't know!! She was being just as manipulated by Damian as Luke was. I remember the scenes between Lily and Damian when she had found out what kind of camp it was. She was furious with him, and with herself for the way she had reacted when Luke came out. She then rushed home and stopped that creep from taking Luke away. Luke didn't quite believe her at first and they argued at the top of the stairs. That's when she fell down and fell into a coma.

Archived