GH: SOD interview with Chad Duell(NuNuMichael)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Meh. Like every well-trained Disney Robot, he's saying the right sentences in the right order. I'll wait and see but... I don't think Michael should have been recast. I also don't think this kid has it in him to take the role to another level. That picture SOD has of him makes him look younger than Morgan, for crissakes.

• Members

This pisses me off too, because the payoff for this story means nothing because one of the players we've been designed to care about or absolutely detest has a new face. :blink:

I rolled my eyes at Chad Duell's Michael going, "I killed Claudia!" :rolleyes:

[!@#$%^&*] corporate interference.

• Members

I was going to say this on SOC but, I was afraid they'd delete it for actor bashing. But, IMO. The only reason this kid was cast is because he's a Disney star. And, once again Frons is kissing ass by hiring another one.

There was no good reason to let Drew go from the part. I loved him as Michael. And, this is a gigantic blunder. <_<

• Members

I don't see the "Disney star" stuff either. It's not like Frons has a history of pushing Disney actors into teen roles on soaps. If they were casting based on what would appeal to tweens than they'd have cast someone better looking than Drew, not as awkward looking. Maybe they just wanted to recast the role if they are changing Michael's personality or story around. I guess we'll see if the character continues to be a tic-laden, woman-hating sociopath.

• Members

Also, why on earth would Disney want their "star" of two movies to be on a lowly soap opera?" I swear, some soap fans have a totally unrealistic of how soap operas are viewed in the industry. If Disney so desperately want their "star" of two movies to be on a soap opera, they would made sure he got the job from the start. He was up for the role of Michael originally. Something clearly happened behind the scenes with Drew Garrett so he was fired.

• Members
GMAFB!

No one is saying that "some" soap fans have an unrealistic view of how soaps are viewed. No one is saying the guy is a Disney *!STAR!*, but either he or his agent likely made some really good connections BTS, using his guest starring roles and his Disney movie(s) to land him the part. There are hierarchies of Disney stars, just like there are hierarchies in Hollywood.

Maybe something "clearly" did happen BTS. But maybe something "clearly" didn't. Maybe Frons or someone in charge who was watching the show demanded Michael go in a different direction or they thought Drew couldn't play a romantic lead.

• Members

Who knows, look at the rampant speculation with Tammin Sursok and Y&R, who people still believe had connections at Sony. Why would Sony dump her on Y&R, when they could on a TV show or movie they produce? Maybe soaps are viewed as an under the radar means of employment, since they don't get the attention other mediums get. Adrienne Leon's dismissal made no sense, and they used the "taking the character in a new direction" excuse there too, but there was no real new direction, Tammin was just collecting a paycheck and almost never appearing on the show. Something went on there, and it wasn't her causing trouble on set or whatnot. And no, I don't believe she was fat and that's why she was fired for Sursok.

We still have no clear answers what went down between Garrett and GH. All I know is the cast-members have overwhelmingly come out supporting him. I think they would have kept quiet and said nothing at all if he was trouble on set or screwed up in some way. I don't know if it's accurate to say he screwed up, since we have no clear information as to why it happened anyway, especially when he was in the role for a year and they could have easily replaced him when his first contract cycle came up.

Surely, some info on this matter would have leaked by now, but it hasn't...

This Disney thing is just one of many speculations thrown out there...

Archived