DAYS: Discussion for the month of April

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was off today and figured why not catch up with DAYS. I realized I hadn't watched since like March 31, because usually I am bored out of my mind. I got caught up until yesterday and damn did I miss a lot!

Anyways, VERY intrigued by this Hope story. Homegirl did seem to be channeling Princess Gina for a minute there. However, I am not opposed to a re-telling...hell, at least that would bring some excitement.

I also love PHLOE (which I did back in the day, so...yeah), very much team Ejami (Sami with Rafe amplifies her already tired theatrics) However, there are lots of things I am not into to keep me from actively tuning in. Like, I can't get ready for Carly--at all. I mean, are we supposed to like her, hate her...?? I'm confused, because its almost like she is *unconsciously* doing what everybody says she does. If she is such a victim, isn't it interesting how she always ends up at the scene of the crime?

I have trouble believing Bo would actually choose to be with her over Hope and Ciara...he's just an ass now. Stephanie is a b**ch, but not even a likable one. Then we have Arianna and Nicole who are both spitfires fighting over Brady. But...its so weird that if they are these independent women, how come they feel the need to fight over a man? Finally, what is the point of these useless characters, like Adrienne and Gabby?

And Dr. Baker <_< I only tolerate Madeline because she may catapult Kate into a frontburner story, but...I just can't get ready for all the newbies (or oldie but goodies considered newbies)

Naturally, I find myself skipping through a lot of scenes in these episodes(but NBC.com is pretty good about ADs so we're good), but I am now positive they are trying to go somewhere big with these current setups. At least, I hope they are...and fast. So we shall see.

• Members

Ha, couldnt disagree more. Hope was an ice queen bitch from hell to him. I cant fathom why he would EVER even think about taking her back after she left him, took his kid from him, woudlnt let him know where they were, when they would be back, or even talk to her at one point, then she comes homes and moves in with Victor? Bitch is a bitch and i wish they would kill her off..

Chloe, oh man. really? This bitch calls Carly a homewrecker? First of all hobo were done when she came back, second of all Chloe cheated on her last husband with her current husband and is now cheating on him with her step-daughters husband.

• Members

I can't beyond the fact that Ej raped Sami. DAYS is setting all of daytime back by at least two decades trying to keep some sort of link between Sami and Ej. There is so much to like by this show, so I don't know why they keep flirting with that disaster of a storyline. It would be nice for daytime writers to stop glorifying violence against women as 'tainted sex' that women eventually get over. It's Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month, for pity's sake.

• Members

I have two reasons why it doesnt bother me. The first is i dont view it as rape. Did she want to sleep with him? No. But she chose to sleep with him to get him to do something for her. Yes he had a gun, no he didnt pull it on her, no he didnt imply he would kill her if she didnt. had he set off the events that led to Lucas' life hanging in the balance then yes, i would agree he forced her to have sex with him. But he didnt. She wanted his help, he told her what he wants on turn for that, she agreed.

However the show has stated is rape so ill go with it. And it still doesnt bother me because i LOVE Sami & Austin, to this day. And she raped him.

• Members

This image is posted at the NBC board. It says it all for me. abusive.gif

GHers had the same fight about Laura and Stavros. Did he rape her? He held her hostage, made her think that her family would be killed if she ever left him. No, he didn't hold her on a bed, hand to throat or slap her around, but in order to leave her 'cell' of a room, or have a radio, or a book to read, she had to agree to let him do whatever he wanted to her. She had to decide to give in to a man she despised to save the people she loved or to save her sanity. That's not rape?

Ej started by holding Sami at gunpoint and then let her think she'd have to be responsible for letting Lucas die if she didn't let him do whatever he wanted with her. Ej has lied and manipulated, and treated Sami like property for a long time, now. I think it's sick. I don't know why writers are so insensitive to think that women just 'get beyond' rape and somehow become friendly and lovey with their rapists. It's the kind of storyline that makes it easy for me to let go of daytime when it dies.

• Members

Starvos & Laura is a very different situation.

And we view what went down very differently. But thats not the point anymore as the show finally decided to go with it was rape and ill go along with them.

Again, the reaosn it doesnt bother me is sami herself is a rapist. Would you feel outrage if EJ was raped? I wouldnt.

And th biggest thing that has people lok past it is the fact that it was during days' worst time ever and the chem between ali and james is too electric not to play.

I myself have become a safe fan, but sami brady on her own needs so much work...

• Members

Hope was thinking like a mother, and sometimes they don't think rationally. Again, I still do not see how Carly is any better, as she has tons of baggage and hoards of men standing around wanting to protect her from a 70 year old woman. Instead of getting a rent-a-cop if Carly feels so unsafe, Bo decides that moving in with Daniel would remedy the situation? :blink: Last I checked she's a grown ass woman, and Vivian is basically a wrinkly old lady at this point. So yeah...but no, can't wrap my head around the appeal of this woman at all.

• Members

I expect ratings to fall in daytime and I think they have in part as a response to the 'rape as romance' storylines. I never cheered Sami on with Austin after what she did him. She's had to admit that she's done some awful things and had to pay for them. DAYS writers want us to think that Ej and Sami are star crossed lovers separated by that 'silly little thing' like his sexual assault of her. The gun, the thread on Lucas' life... The only difference between Stavros and Laura and Ej and Sami, for me, is location and duration. If the writers thought they could have had Ej could hold Sami hostage and repeatedly assault her, I have no doubt they would have.

• Members

Wow, I was surprised at the turn the whole Chloe\Daniel\Carly\Melanie\Philip story went on Friday's show. At first I didn't care and was over it, but now I find it interesting. It brought great drama on Friday's ep, I love how Chloe and Philip realized they had both made a mistake when they each visited their significant others after making love. LOL, but I do hope that this ends up putting Phloe back together in the end, because I LOVE them!! And I loved when Chloe called Carly a miserable bitch, LOL.

I am not liking the whole Dr. Baker angle of the Hope storyline..it is very confusing to me, and just doesn't make sense! I'll give it some time, but so far it's falling flat for me.

I love when DAYS uses that music clip for some reason, LOL.

• Members

Regarding Hope

Days is seriously jumping the shark and I think it has been since the writers decided that Ej was punishing Sami out of love... yes, love, leaving a bloody baby's shirt as evidence of its death.

Phillip and Chloe, I want to hate them, but I can't. I just hope Melanie and Nathan are interesting after all of this even without Stephanie's interference.

Archived