Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Dorinda should be embarrassed after yesterday's episode. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy slurry Dorinda doing CLIIIIP and I made it nice! However, if you can't forego booze ahead of a serious dinner with Bethenny's associates who have organized this frankly amazing Puerto Rico rescue, then you have a problem.

Dorinda is in denial about her dependency issues. In the VT she lambasted Bethenny for 'putting a label' on her after 'one night.' Right now she's in Dubai with Carole and Tinsley and their Plus Ones partying, so she's not watched the episode back and felt the shame that might incentivize her to deal with her unhappiness. In her talk with Bethenny, she was emotionally astute about herself (as usual), but talking is one thing Dorinda does really well. Doing is another thing altogether. I'm not sure she wants to leave the comfort blanket of her past with Richard and alcohol.

Edited by Cat

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was so embarrassed watching her last night. I almost wanted to fast forward just to get through it. I’m glad Bethenny was actually quite frank with her but still kind. I still want to hate Bethenny but she’s making it harder and harder. Something has changed in her.

One complaint I do have about the season though is that we’ve just immediately jumped into the awkwardness between Beth and Carole. I would’ve actually liked to have seen the actual rift begin and growing because when we last left them, Carole was still firmly up her ass so while entertaining to see them at odds it’s still a bit jarring.

• Members

Echoing everyone else, I was embarrassed for Dorinda last night. That was an ugly scene for her and demonstrated that she's kidding herself about her drinking. She's probably the worst drunk on the HW franchises aside from Kim Richards. Say what they want about Sonja, but she is a fun drunk and so is Luann (even when she was arrested she called the officer arresting her "my love")...Dorinda is a slurring, maudlin, insensitive mess. She needs to cut way back and control herself or she needs to quit entirely. She doesn't want to take the label of alcoholic - and maybe she isn't one, or maybe she is, but one thing is for certain: her drinking is a problem. 

Bethenny can be really terrible at times, but she was decent to Dorinda on the plane. Measured, level, and fair. And there's no denying she's doing more for Puerto Rico than the US government. 

Tinsley and Carole...they're like the B storyline on B&B that nobody cares about. 

Ramona was on WWHL last night and she's cut her hair and looks amazing!

Loved the scene of Luann and Victoria. It's good that Lu has some self awareness, it'll help her with what we know is coming...

• Members

Loved seeing Victoria again, she seems very grounded and insightful. I remember in the early seasons (when Noel took break-dancing lessons lol) her sweet relationship with housekeeper Rosie. It's nice to see her grown up and full of sensible advice. Lu and Victoria have a bond which is evident. Lu does seem to be more self-aware but she's still dealing with having foolishly pursued that rake-on-the-make. Obvs this will play out in forthcoming episodes.

So you're saying that Tinsley and Carole are like the Avants?

Please register in order to view this content

That's so harsh on a great but grossly-underused fictional family! Tinsley was very poorly treated by Sonja last season; however, I wish she had more compassion for Sonja now that she's landed on her feet. Sonja has fallen on even harder times. That housekeeper's 'day off' is stretching into years. As for the drinking, RHONY is a hard-drinking franchise which Bethenny tends to encourage for promotional purposes. But Bethenny is careful about pacing her own drinking, Ramona clearly has the tolerance of a 50-year old merchant marine, Lu has now realized she cannot use drinking as a crutch, and Carole prefers hallucinogens. IMO Dorinda and Sonja both self-medicate with alcohol, and they have low tolerance for it. They seem to get drunk remarkably quickly.

Carole vs. Bethenny kicks off next week. Carole has never been more relevant lol. Interesting that Bethenny says Carole was Heather's, her's and now Tinsley's puppet. First of all, Tinsley is no puppetmaster, let's be real! Secondly, Carole the friendship-jumper used Heather and Bethenny to fight her battles for her (Aviva, Luann). And now she has empty-headed Tinsley. Carole is subtle about pulling the reins in her friendships, despite her meek-little-fawn appearance.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Totally! Carole has despised Luann since she first came on the show, and this has only grown ever since she realised Luann is liked by a large portion of the audience. Even when she messes up!  

In an interesting turn of events overnight, Dorinda tweeted angrily at Luann over a comment in her blog about Dorinda's drinking this episode. Catole was also on Twitter encouraging Dorinda along. Dorinda and Luann have never had beef before. But guess where Dorinda is at the moment? In Dubai, hanging with Carole and Tinsley. The puppetmaster strikes again.

• Members

Lol I just realised I wrote Carole as 'Catole' in the post you quoted. Typo, and it stays!

I read that theory! TT is on the ball about a lot of RH, but in this case I think Dorinda and Carole were doing their own tweeting. After reading that blog, the urge to attack Luann would be too great not to do it themselves (rather than leaving it to a social media intern). I think Doris and Catty were tweeting together in Dubai. Carole has said she loves slurry Dorinda, and 'advise' looks like a slurry typo. Carole either copied it on purpose (a witty, intellectual in-joke 

), or Writer Girl can't spell either. Adding credence to Aviva's ghostwriter accusations from S6. 

Dorinda doesn't seem ready to admit her drinking is a problem. It makes me sad that to this day, 8 months after this all happened, one of my fave Bravo HWs refuses to own it. She is blaming a lot of other people, including Bethenny/production, for what we saw in the episode. But she is in denial about her drinking and her actions thereafter.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Yeah I don’t believe TT at all on that. I hate when she puts s.hit out as fact when it’s pure speculation on her part. Dorinda is known for her a.sshole tweeting and that seemed right in line for her, but ya know Tamara’s whole flock of sheep will take it as gospel.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Lisa Vanderpump's brother has died of a drug overdose at the age of 59:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5722109/Lisa-Vanderpumps-DJ-brother-dead-suspected-drug-overdose-aged-59.html

Condolences to Lisa for this loss. 59 is far too young to die. I believe both of Lisa's parents are still living, so this will be a very tough blow for the family as a whole.

Edited by DaytimeFan

• Members

I noticed. I giggled in light of that theory. lol.

I guess we will see. I don't want the Dorinda/LuAnn friendship to get sour. It's one of my favorite. Perhaps when she sees it around reunion time, Dorinda will know what to do. re: her drinking.

• Members

Wow. That's so sad for Lisa. Her brother must have been going through some things if this was drugs. Or maybe he was just addicted to the party lifestyle. Either way, devastating for her and her family. Interesting that we see and hear very little about her family in the UK, apart from  Nanny Kay. Maybe they're just more private, but I wonder if Lisa didn't particularly have a happy childhood growing up, apart from the love of her grandmother. Anyhoo, I am speculating and likely reaching. May he RIP.

It's a shame about Luann and Dorinda falling out. I don't think Luann should have shaded Dorinda in her blog, though. Given her own legal troubles and the video of her, three sheets to the wind in a police car, she probably should have stayed silent about Dorinda's boozing. Or at least worded her blog with a little more understanding. 

Edited by Cat