Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

As someone who cherished the balance of Bethenny-less seasons 5-6, and who was somewhat relieved she was not there for S12 (allowing others, like Tinsley, to get a word in) -- IA that the loss of this Alpha left a huge void. And while Bethenny's solo stuff is peak Flopalooza (even her podcast was a hard, shrill listen), her dynamic in an ensemble really is unmatched. She lights a slowly-percolating fire under everybody.

Honestly, S12 IMO has the blocks on which RHONY could build -- had Covid Season not happened. Today, I would still want Elyse, Eboni and Leah (and of course Tinsley) back, because I think their respective dynamics would soar in a less claustrophobic environment. Leah would have amends to make after being a real b!tch all through S13. Eboni hit it off with Sonja, Leah and even her frenemy dynamic with Ramona was watchable (prior to --shudder-- Black Shabbat). The fact that she was on Fox should have endeared her to Ramona, lol.

Potomac is an inspired idea (and please note that Robyn's infamous sit-down with Andy on WWHL had Eboni in the second chair. She obviously keeps up with RHOP, judging by her responses). If I were Wendy, I would be WAY nervous of this other pundit coming on the show. Eboni is super-quick, and she is ruthless.

I mean, the psychopaths that were Russell Armstrong and Dead-Eyes Hoppy....  The problem is that Russell and Hoppy were drawn against each other in Round 2. Hoppy somehow beat out a wifebeater before getting obliterated by Tom Girardi. Tough draws.

I feel a bit bad for Ralph Pittman-Sidora for getting this far. While obviously a sleaze, he had some easy draws early on before somehow managing to beat creepy control-freak Simon Barney.

Marc Daly was powerless against the life-force that is Jim Bellino.

Ken Todd beat: Richie Wakile (how?), Eddie Judge (ok), Todd Tucker (I guess) and is now drawn against Lenny Hochstein. Surely Ken is not going to beat Lenny....?

Real Housewives Of Miami: Lisa Hochstein and 'boob god' Lenny split during  season five premiere | Daily Mail Online

Edited by Cat

• Members

Yeah, the draw is kinda lame. They put the “Good Ones” all in one quarter instead of having the @ssholes evenly dispersed to ensure the most competitive final four. Lol I’m taking it way too seriously.

But I’d love to see Eboni tangle with the Potomac women. It would also take the burden of representation off her shoulders as well as force her to be more open and vulnerable. My only fear would be the balance of the cast. Like if she were adversarial with Wendy, for example: Wendy has enough enemies among those women LOL. I’d love to see them spar a bit, though. 

• Members

Eboni is a natural-born spar-er, and like you, my worry would be that she would choose to pick off Wendy first as the easy target. Thereby allowing lazy-asses Gizelle, Robyn and Ashley sit back, sip mimosas and pretend that Ray Huger looked at them the wrong way. When really, we need to see Eboni's quick mouth go after Gizelle, who (spoiler alert) is simply unable to think up ripostes on the fly unless they have been scripted beforehand by Kal.

The draw was messed up. Hoppy and Russell should have been on opposite sides of the starting line! You know, like Wimbledon does with Djokevic and Nadal in hopes that they meet in the final. I also expected Jim Bellino and David Beador to get further than they actually did.

• Members

Black Shabbat was horrific, and honestly, I wanted Ramona to face the music at reunion. We at least needed a discussion about this mess, as awful as it was to watch.

Eboni filed a complaint with HR about Ramona and that should have been discussed too, because even after the complaint was filed, Ramona and Eboni reportedly met up a few times to discuss it. Eboni later said she was prepared to return to RHONY *with* Ramona in S14.

I actually think such a discussion between Eboni and Ramona would have initiated closure on all sides -- for Ramona, Eboni and the audience. As it stands, Ramona still feels (to me) integral to RHONY, and I wanted Eboni to be given a second chance on the show. But by burying all this, Bravo left everything hanging. I imagine Bravo did so because Ramona was already scheduled to be on RHUGT #1 on Peacock, which had not been filmed yet. The right move would have been to remove Ramona from that and stick in somebody else, AND gone ahead with RHONY reunion.

• Members

You dang-well know the reunion was cancelled, because they wanted to protect Ramona from what was coming from Eboni. The fact Sonja, of all people, understood Eboni's intent, and was flipping the script.... shows just how bad it was, IMHO. Bravo/Andy Cohen wanted to protect her no matter what, yet will throw other housewives down the river for the sake of viewership. That dinner, alone, was DISGUSTING. Absolutely vile!

• Members

RHONJ is that girl. Best RH on Bravo and I say that bc Miami is on Peacock. The refresh this year has been so good. This needs to be the Gorgas last season though. The only storyline they have is Teresa and thats played out at this point. The show cant really handle another season of that feud. It'll ruin the show and this season is really representing a crossroad for it

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Thank you for bringing up the RHONY discussion, my favorite as well, and it is so sad how badly they (Bravo) botched everything. 

I also liked Eboni (I don't know her Republican-slanted backstory) and I think she could've thrived had she been brought on even just one season prior. And the idea of her joining Potomac is inspired. The fact that Ramona and Eboni were able to come to an understanding on their own and go forth into what would have  been Season 14 together shows growth and maturity on both sides. 

We can always do the woulda, coulda, shoulda with this cast, but had they gone through with S14 with the entire S13 cast intact (though I'd ditch Leah), I still think it would've been wise to include the return of a vet (Jill, Dorinda, maybe Kelly if we're super desperate) for the vets to work off of again instead of just newbies. 

Meanwhile over on the LEGACY that may never happen.... I'd be interested in knowing just how steep the differences in pay were between LuAnn vs. Kelly vs. Jill.  On one hand, I totally get Jill's point in that it should be an equal pay playing field, but then I see the side of giving folks like LuAnn and Sonja more because of their continued presence on the series, year after year. Regardless, Bravo should not have shelved this series. 

Perhaps the future of LEGACY rests on the success or failure of the NEW New York.... 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I'm guessing the deck will be shuffled next year. One side (Teresa & hubby) or the other (Melissa & Joey) has to go. They've been the main story since Season 3, but I sense this is the "finale" so to speak. In the meantime, they've stacked the show with newbies and friends of to help ease us into the next era of RHONJ. 

We had the original 5 years, then we had the successful multi-year era of Teresa, Melissa, Dolores, Margaret, Jackie, and Jennifer. Let's see how they transition next year. But for now, yes, this season is shaping up to be good! 

• Members

RHONJ

This is the start of a new NJ with the demotion of Jackie., hiring 2 newbies and a new friend of.

I hope next season will continue this transition by saying bye bye to Melissa and maybe Margaret.

RHONY:

Eboni always seemed like she couldn't help liking Ramona despite her best efforts not to for good reason. 

• Members

We are not the only two missing OG RHONY 

Please register in order to view this content

I would take this cast back in a snap, but around 3 of these 7 women likely won't return -- Bethenny, Carole and, I believe Tinsley didn't like the scrutiny over her relationship with that Chicago Tech Guy. She keeps turning down Bravo offers to rejoin. 

Something I've also wondered, given how many of these women (indeed, how much of the Upper East Side these days) now reside part-time in Florida -- mostly Miami or Palm Beach (or West Palm Beach -- looking at you, Luann). Given that Dale resides in Palm Beach, I would love a Real Housewives of Palm Beach with some amalgamation of this group + Dale. (Yes, I will keep banging that drum for Dale Social-Climbing Mercer. I love her!). And they can fight over what constitutes PB and WPB in 'Palm Beach.' Or indeed where Boca Raton fits into 'Palm Beach.'  

Also, Carole is close with Dorinda, and recently may have repaired fences with Bethenny via Dorinda mediation. It would be great if she and Tinsley were to make up too.

Yes, I cannot help but like Eboni and think she was handed a poison chalice AND a mission to educate the OGs of RHONY who were/are possibly uneducable. I still think she had chemistry with a lot of them!

I feel like pay should be based on what that individual HW brings (and indeed has brought) to the table. I'm sorry, but Jill didn't bring it to RHUGT 2, and she hasn't brought 'it' since S2 RHONY. Her methods are completely outdated. So I don't think she should be paid as much as Luann (who has a very watchable habit of picking the wrong men) or Sonja. But honestly, if Bravo had been minded to give LEGACY a chance, they could have accommodated Jill in some way -- or told her she would be replaced by Alex McCord. Ha! And then I would have needed a camera on Jill just to see her face. Finally, payback for how mean she was to Alex!

I'm not sure I can answer whether Leah should come back to RHONY LEGACY until I watch RHUGT 3. I am still watching RHONY S12, Tinsley has gone now, and the law of diminishing returns is starting to set in as far as Ramona and Dorinda are concerned. I'm still liking Leah a lot, but S13 definitely changed all that. She was insufferable.

• Members

RHOM

This episode solidified why I love Julia. She's a truly kind and grounded person, talking about what Martina's going through, while also trying to mediate Alexia and Adriana's resentment. 

By contrast, Larsa looked like a clown. That man Julia was kissing turned out to be a fashion designer and close friend. Larsa looked especially dumb telling Nicole, a doctor, to get 'real jobs' like she has. This from the lazy-ass who posts pictures of her toes on OnlyFans? It never ceases to amaze me how dumbasses like Larsa seem to land rich men. She needs to do better with her pot-stirring because I just don't get why some fans think Larsa is accomplishing something on this show. Even Andy is over her. 

Marysol is annoying trying to make her sparkly tumbler happen.

Apart from that, it was another very involving reunion. I'll be sad when this season is done after next week. What will fill it's place? RHUGT 3, I guess!