Article: November Sweeps

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish I had known about this guy at this time...knowing someone else did not love Sheffer's ATWT, especially what was done to Barbara, might have kept me watching.

AMC -- damn that stuff could be put on a macro for most of the decade. I guess he's right that it had started years before but I think there were other elements which still kept the show strong until sometime in the mid/late 90s.

A few days ago I was trying to remember why I hated Greenlee so much back then, beyond the smugness and too much airtime and the iciness, because you could say that about a lot of soap characters. Now I remember:

This was uncovered by the reality show woman who also gunned down Gillian, right?

I remember this as ludicrous, not only the rewrite, but also that Greenlee, who had hurt many people and had many hidden agendas, could not get over Leo's past mistake.

GH:

Did she return Stefan to front-burner status? I guess it had to be an improvement over the years of neglect under Luza (a relationship with Laura that took place almost entirely offcamera, a dozen variations of "I'm Stefan's father/no I'm not", faking his own death, bedding random blonde female servants), but it seemed like aside from pining over Chloe, then being made to look weak in preparation for Stavros's return, he had nothing to do.

I remember being pleased when he returned a few years later...that did not last long!

• Members

This brings back a lot of memories. What is the source are this commentary? A blog? Reading his review brings home that the soaps have been crumbling for years. It is a miracle that they have lasted this long. They were lucky that they didn't have more competition or they would have been gone years ago.

Archived