Detailed article on upcoming Doctor Who season

DRW50

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nauseating seems quit dif to me than boring, LOL. Yeah no desire to see Sherlock but, I guess if it airs here in Canada I might (which is how I stumbled on Jeckyll).

Thanks for posting all these. Still have to say I have zero excitement factor, and am kinda disappointed by that, but...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't know whether to start a new thread on the new season or not. Any thoughts? Did any of you see the first two episodes yet? They're a bit dreamlike. In some ways I think that Moffat episodes would work better as silent films.

Look, for the American premiere, a jumpsuit and a jean jacket. A jean jacket. Wow, we really are back in the 80s aren't we?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1265640/Karen-Gillan-opts-trendy-jumpsuit-Doctor-Who-hits-New-York.html

• Members

I just saw the first episode. It was decent pretty slow at times. Matt Smith is good, although a little too Tennant-like at times, and Amy Pond has potential. The new TARDIS seems good---not radically different from the last one. The opening credits are fine as well. The show seems to be shot on film, whereas the last series was shot on videotape and filmized.

I'll keep watching to see how it plays out. The preview for the upcoming episodes looks good. That one woman in the preview looks like Lady Cassandra..is it her?

I will admit I'm a huuuuge RTD fan and not that keen on Moffatt, so we'll see how things go.

• Members

No, it was just sort of there, you couldn't have a big reaction one way or another. I think Matt's great and I like the style of the new season (even with budget cuts). I hope the stories and Amy improve and get sharper focus.

• Members

To be honest, I would have been more annoyed a year ago, but after the surprisingly slipshod turn RTD's last year took, the change didn't bother me as much.

So what did you think of the first Moffat episodes?

Did you hear about the Graham Norton controversy?

Archived