The Sud's Report 3/12/10

• Members

I think that not having connections to the wider canvas made it easier to get rid of these characters, but the decision-making process seems more based on FV and RC's perception of these characters and their place in their future stories. The rumor at the Daytime Emmys was that Frons told FV to cut OLTL's budget by 20%. We speculated that the second tier minority characters would would be the first to go, but the first firing to our surprise was John Botherton. Jared was married to Natalie and had a father married to Vicki so why fire him? I thought he was a horrible actor and getting rid of the character was a step in the right direction, but instead of following it up by sweeping out more of the useless featured characters like John, Todd, Tea, Rex, Gigi, and Jessica, they do the predictable thing and dump the lower paid less harmful characters. At this rate, they will run out of characters to support the main characters' stories. They will have to hire day players or new short term actors. Perhaps that is less expensive so that is the plan. In any case, I think that the whole thing is like tossing the children and women off the ship in hopes that the men and luggage will be rescued before it sinks. Good luck with that. All they are doing is delaying the inevitable.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wrong again Nelson. Several AMC actors have said that their new dressing rooms are way smaller than the dressing rooms they had in New York. And while they were given TVs (which, given the size of the dressing rooms, cannot be anything close to "huge") as a way of saying "Sorry for the really sh*tty dressing rooms", they have to pay a fee if they want to actually use them!

I'm surprised he didn't just report that his "sources" are telling him all the OLTL cast cuts going on are so the AMC studio can be pimped out.

Archived