The Sud's Report 3/12/10

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How convenient. It has to be wild partying that caused these firings. I guess 4-5 cast members were out living it up. Were they taking "artistic" photos with Nathan Purdee?

I find it very interesting that this is pinned on the gay characters, one of whom is a gay actor. It reminds me of the early days of Russell Davies's Doctor Who, when the large amount of gay men working on the show led people to claim that there must be huge orgies going on all the time and that the handful of straight men around were horrified.

• Members

Ugh With the way gossip spreads, wouldn't we have heard about this partying before??

And Nelson once again proves he doesn't know his Pine Valley:

"soap-hop.

• Lorraine Broderick knows her shiz! Pine Valley Bulletin, which is clearly on fire this week, reported that One Life’s original Viki, Gillian Spencer, will be returning to Pine Valley Palmer’s funeral. Two words — Opal showdown!

"

Ummm. No. Daisy was one of Opal's fiercest defenders.

• Members

You didn't hear that Daisy is going to aim a gun at Opal, accidentally shoot Greenlee, and end up with Marian?

After all the PR that Scott and Brett have done for the show, it's fascinating that now we hear one of them was too busy playing out Requiem for a Dream to actually be able to show up for work. The last straw was when they asked to put the Jennifer Connelly scene into a script.

Oh, and I also heard that they punched out an ATM.

• Members

I think she did set them up--but yeah it was her last appearance I was thinking of. Nelson obviously is a big AMC fan ;) It's like he did a quick search for her name, found out she played an ex of Palmer's and now assumes she'd hate his last ex (this is the same man who a few weeks back said that Palmer and Adam had no connections)

• Members

SO with you Eric re: Opal/Daisy, that bugs me. It's also kind of odd that he'd cram in the original Viki trivia and not mention her AMC character by name. Oh well. I share his Degraasi love and enthusiasm however.

I thought Jamey's (Daytime Confidential) piece was concise and very well put. And as for the unprofessional behaviour leading to the nixing of scenes, I'll give a Faye Dunaway "Don't even GO there" to that. Excuses excuses. Even if that is true, you discipline or you fire and recast, you don't throw out the baby with the bath water.

• Members

That a bit about Brett or Scott maybe a "partyer", to me just reeks of someone at ABC trying to throw one the actors under the bus, so they won't want to return. Jamey Giddens of DC said that's not the real reason anyways. It's that ABC got scared.

Archived