The Sud's Report 3/12/10

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is just so grimey to add that hungover/unprofessional insult to injury, that's the kind of dirt you wait to drag out when the fired actor cusses you out in print. How irresponsible to heave a scandalous blind item that reinforces old stereotypes (regardless of the actor responsible) on top of it just to further justify your actions. GRIMEY.

• Members

I was always a year younger than Emma and her peeps, so I grew up with those characters in every single way, and then they ended up graduating the same time I did, so I was extremely attached, and then BOOM, bunchanoobs. I'm really wondering where the show's gonna go with this. I'm hearing that there'll be four new characters and no one important has been let go yet. I say no one important because I hear Bruce the Moose was axed, and I don't even know why he was even in the opening credits.

I wonder if it would have killed them to do a spin-off after season 6 with Paige, Marco, and Ellie. Their college adventures ate up so much of season 7 and basically sucked big time, but I think they could have worked on their own. Emma/Manny/Lib not so much.

• Members

It sure is--and I don't buy for ONE bleeding minute that Kish woulda had substantially more scenes that had tobe cut because of someone's partying. Ridiculous. (I mean if Michael Nader recently,and half the cast of AMC in the 80s could do good work daily with a dollar bill rolled up their nose, c'mon... :P )Plus with the amount of Perez Hilton, etc, coverage of KISH wouldn't wehave seen the actors out and about and, you know, partying? I dunno...

• Members

season 6/7/8/9 tried to pull off a OTH, but unlike OTH they never made it clear what the time was. OTH pulled off s 1/2 as a jr year well and really pulled off season 3/4 as a sr year perfectly. those 4 seasons play out well as 2 years. Degrassi was screwed cuz they didnt get any new populer characters to take over the show and couldnt follow paige and them into college anymore.

Hopefully this works. It is a great show.

• Members

Is it true that you Americans get the show edited from us in Canada?? LOL (I always find it beyond ridiculous when the US can't handle the same amount of responsibly shown sex, etc, as poor little Canada can :P But we don't of course have the wacky fundamental bible crazed populace you have)

• Members

Yeah, as horrible as Luke and Noah have been written, ATWT never got rid of them and kept them on the show until the end. Kish may have been written, got an actual sex scene, get to kiss, etc...but when they are fired less than a year and blamed for the ratings, what good did OLTL do?

• Members

GT looks good, but replacing VB? Tough. Pill. To. Swallow. I'm also one who thought Muhney looked too old for that part.

And I know it feels good to be the one who had scoop when nobody else apparently did, but you'd think he'd watch spilling the beans about all the inside info he gets. Your sources won't be so generous in the future. I can't believe that he's continued to talk about DC being ill when David hasn't shared anything about that himself. Disrespectful.

• Members

Oh, abso. They got better about it as the characters (and audience) grew a little older, but they would edit out some of the posters in the school, sometimes the dialog would be blacked out. Mostly, they just scrapped episodes there were too "controversial" and aired them years later, like Manny aborting her and Craig's baby.

• Members

AMS, randomly catching those Sunday morning mini-marathons was our first exposure to Degrassi: TNG. And I may have been confused but it seemed like they'd play, for example, an episode from season 3 at 11:00, and ep from season 4 at 11:30, then the next ep from season 3 at 12:00, like an unnecessarily confusing way to follow two seasons at once which I didn't really mind but then they'd randomly rerun certain eps, I dunno, it was a bit of a mess. What was crazy was learning that we were watching episodes that were already like 5 years old once we started catching it on The N. Then of course we started watching the ORIGINAL Degrassi and Spike, Emma, Snake, Joey and Caitlin took on a WHOLE new meaning, this weird reverse nostalgia-type thing. I feel so silly for it but I really do love that show. :lol:

• Members

yes and no. a lot of the editing that was talked about was actually products/posters blurred out or digi covered.

we didnt get the manny abortion episode in season 3, we got it in like a martahn during season 5.

the episode where paige is raped wasnt shown until the followup and they aired it as a special.

thats really about it. and by season 5 they didnt edit anything really.

it was very controversial here because it aired on a kids network, The-N. the parents tried to get it, along with South of Nowhere, pulled.

• Members

Wasn't it just last week that he mentioned DC saying to him at the Emmys that his "retirement" wasn't entirely voluntary or something like that? The thing is, his column isn't expressly a gossip column so some of these stars are under the impression that they're actually talking to a journalist journalist from TVGuide who won't run and tell their little off the record blurbs. I'd feel betrayed. Oh well, everything is feeling a little less serious these days when it seems like there won't even be a need for a Suds Report in a few years. -_-

• Members

Damn. Thought he was really moving to Canada, I thought a ray of hope came upon me, Ryape would really be gone from PV...UGH, La Cañada?! Well I wish Cameron luck moving there, especially if it's La Cañada Flintridge, what a hazard living there!! That's where the station fire was last year, better be careful in August-September. I would like to see Ryan BURN so badly, but not Cameron and his family. :)

Archived