All Soaps: What have you forgotten about your faves?

• Members

I was looking up old clips of GL (despite the craptastic piece of shame it became under Wheeler's stewardship, I still miss that show). SO, imagine my joy when I found Josh-Lesley Anne(Candy)-Tony-Hillary-Mo-Ed-Hope-Alan-Vanessa-Morgan-Kelly-Nola clips! I'd forgotten what a rotten son of a gun Josh was! I'd remembered how spoiled and selfish he'd always been. Does anyone else think that Reva was both Josh's 'punishment' and his salvation?

Mo stopped being the girl of the writer's dreams but they were fools to think that we didn't still love her:

Watching the clips also made me realize that what I hated most about Wheeler's 'experiment' is that it regressed the look of the show. The show looked cheap and 'old'.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Those clips are a real treasure aren't they? I never thought any of that era would be online. I went through them so fast.

When I watched GL without knowing anything about Josh's past I thought he was an arrogant and self-righteous man (this was cemented by the awful way he treated Reva when she returned from the dead). I grew to appreciate Josh over time, but those clips were a reminder of what had always been inside him, just somewhat tempered over the years. You're right about Reva being his blessing and curse.

What do I forget about my soaps? I forget that they used to have extras! I had forgotten that soap trials used to have dozens of observers who would dramatically mutter at every other line.

With OLTL, I forget sometimes what an integral part of Llanview Cassie was for years. When I watch a lot of 90s stuff she's always there. When JFP cleaned her out, so much of the character ceased to exist.

I forgot with GL just how strong Marj Dusay was in her early months as Alex, before Nancy Curlee left and Alex became a gorgon.

• Members

Like I said in the OLTL thread, Cassie was one of the major characters on OLTL and she may have started out as just Dorian's troubled daughter, but she became one of the people you just expected to see in Llanview just like Viki, Asa, Dorian or Bo. I guess the problem with Cassie is she was too nice and without "edge", and these days there is no such thing as a nice character on soaps and everyone must have edge, murky shades of gray to their ethics, and snark potential.

• Members

Treasures, indeed! I've been watching GH's prometheus storyline on youtube and reliving the Grant Putnam days - I always loved Grant and Celia. Robert and Anna were my couple, but watching the clips, I could see why fans loved Holly and Robert. Robert's secret communications room... I miss that room and Robert's house.

Archived