DAYS: Frances Reid has passed away

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dc cubs

Courtesy of Ellie at Daytime Royalty.

Melissa Reeves (Jennifer Horton Deveraux) posted this on her FB:

Mary Beth Evans (Kayla Brady Johnson) to SOD.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

Also, since this news broke last night Frances Reid and Alice Horton have been the #4 and #5 trending topics on Twitter. That shows how important, popular and beloved Frances was to all Days and daytime fans. She will be sorely missed as she was beloved by all. Rest in peace.

• Members

She brought such warmth to the role of Alice, and she disproved the "rule" that young people are only interested in seeing other young people on screen. Every viewer of every age loved Alice Horton. She reminded me so much of my own grandmother, who passed away five years ago. My grandma loved Days of our Lives, and she and I would huddle in the corner at family celebrations, hashing out the latest Salem developments. I miss her so much. And I've missed Alice these past few years as she's been on screen. RIP, Frances, you brought a lot of pleasure to a lot of people.

Guest dc cubs

I loved when Alice joined in on her granddaughter's adventures. I think it was the New Orleans remote with Bo that Hope and Alice ended up driving the trolley car.

Then there was the time Alice went with Jennifer to Alamania when Jennifer ended up marrying Lawrence. I also liked Alice getting involved in the fight that broke out in Jack's dream sequence at the Jack and Jennifer wedding.

Alice at Christmas time with the hanging of the Horton ornaments were all wonderful memories.

Those are just a few memories but there are so many more.

• Members

I liked when the Horton airplane crashed on the way to rescuing Hope and Stefano from Princess Gina's castle. If I remember correctly (and I haven't seen it since it first aired in 2000, so bear with me), Alice Horton essentially floated up to the tropical island on some crate from the plane... or she was found with all the luggage on the sand. Either way, there she was, sitting serenely like a cute little buddha with a big grin on her face. Everybody was going "OMG, grandma, are you ok?!" and she was all *chuckle* "yes, dears, I'm perfectly fine. Now, what are we going to do for food?" :lol:

• Members

Doesn't DAYS celebrate it's 45th anniversary in November?

I wouldn't be upset if they took their time and had Alice's funeral in November, that way they can show lots of old flashbacks and bring back a ton of people for Alice's funeral, and pay tribute to the show's 45th anniversary at the same time.

Archived