OLTL: SOAPnet February Preview

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if Kim and Clint will get married.

If they have to kill off a Cramer woman I wish it could be Langston. If not her then Kelly.

Every time they go on about a threeway car crash I end up thinking of that David Cronenberg movie...

• Members

I hate to weigh in on something as morbid as this, but I have to agree with you. Even if she's not on the canvas, I don't want to see Cassie killed, and it's obvious that they aren't killing Kelly or Adrianna, sooo... I'm afraid it's going to be Cassie which just sucks the big one for Laura B. having been killed off of the two NY ABC soaps (pre-AMC move) and with the cancellation of ATWT. She'll have to relocate to L.A. if she ever wants to work in soaps again. But I guess a lot of folks find themselves in that same boat. Right now, I'm wondering how Robin will play all of this, AND if it will ultimately feel like a stunt that wasn't worth it in the long run (and yes, I am one of those folks is keeping the faith in OLTL's "long run"). Not that I would want them to do this either, but even Melinda seems like a more logical choice.

• Members

Well, remember the Leah audition script (which Taylor Gildersleeve was cast) talked about sending the company jet to get her because she was getting married to a rich man, etc...

And I too don't see them killing off Kelly after spending all that money to bring GT back.

I really don't know any more than anyone else about this, but I personally don't believe that a Cramer woman will get killed.

Instead, I think Dorian will accidentally get shot when she tries to stop Charlie from shooting Mitch, after she has a change of heart.

Could be wrong though...but that's just my two cents.

• Members

Right, I was hoping it'd be more in the line of injury than death, I'd much prefer that. I also second guessed the idea of death based on those promo pics of GT and MF, they didn't look *quite* distraught enough for that, but then again who knows what was going on exactly when those pics were taken...

• Members

Frons thinks GT will bring the ratings up? I loved Gina on GL but she alone can't help ratings, especially as Kelly.

I don't want any of the Cramer women to die, but Cassie, or Addie, dying would just be too much after an already long string of women being violated and casually murdered, often with no real payoff storywise. It was only a year ago they did this stunt with Talia.

• Members

Yeah, I really hate killing off characters generally speaking, for me there is almost NEVER any sort of emotional impact/payoff unless we're talking the real-life loss of a beloved vet or writing the calibre of B.J.'s heart. It just seems so cheap and easy and senseless more often than not these days. I was no huge fan of Talia but killing her was stupid, especially after tying her to someone like [Asa]Cah-lo Hessah![/Asa]. Can't people just move away?

• Members

Totally agree with all the comments about killing characters off. Pointless. Especially, in this Mitch story. Having said that, it would be a horrible twist that Mitch became a free man due to Dorian's efforts in trying to protect her family and in the end, Mitch's actions cause the death of Dorian's daughter.

I watched OLTL from 91-99. I stopped when they killed off Mel and sent Cassie away. I generally did not like the show under JFP as Exec. Producer but would have kept watching if Cassie was still on. It took me ten years to get back into the show again. If they bring back Cassie only to kill her off, it would be disappointing.

• Members

Not to mention that Mitch trying to rape Cassie led to his first "death" by Dorian. Someone at OLTL may think Cassie dying by his hands is some sort of great dramatic irony, but I just see yet another woman laying on a slab (Dr. Joplin, Janet, Talia, Pamela) and then probably forgotten about within a few days.

• Members

Cassie's death could be the reason Kevin comes home, too

But Cassie is the last Cramer I'd want to see dead (except for Dorian)

and I agree with you, fanOLTL: JFP was awful. She wrote off Cassie while Laura B was on maternity leave, and replaced Kevin Stapleton with Tim Gibbs, who had only slightly more acting range than Michael Easton. And don't even get me started on the Rapaports...

• Members

I love Cassie and have always wanted her back long-term but I can see the dramatics in killing her. She's practically the saint of the Cramer family, and has a long history with Mitch, who would want her dead. It would also generate amazing material for Dorian if the show played it right which I'm not sure they will. I wouldn't want Langston dead; I think there's so much to mine in that relationship.

Archived