OLTL / Loving Clint & Kim as much ALMOST as I do Todd & Téa

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Clint and Kim are glorious. Todd, however, and Todd and Tea, are starting to remind me of late-stage Michael Jackson with his oddities, his horde of family, and his succession of dubious female "love interests" who are there to wipe his chin and keep him out of jail.

• Members

Hrmm ACEM I see your point (and I like Todd--at least as played by TSJ though I don't like much of the writing for him this past year and a bit--love Tea too but don't even GET this "great love" story they have--) The kind of writing i hate most from RC is just this--suddenly now we even have Blair pushing for Todd and Tea? WTF? I actually like a lot of the lukewarm stuff you complain about--OLTL is currently the only soap that has a real strong sense of community and even if I hate some of the characters who are used to create this sense, I do enjoy that aspect--so we disagree there I guess. Tome that's reminiscent of what got me into OLTL in '92. But I do see and agree with some of your point (that said *I* did giveup on watching Higley's OLTL for months at a time--yeah at first I watched to complain but I got tired of that...)

• Members

Oh dear.

Uhmm...Kim is definitely not Dorian, nor will she ever be. Dorian is genuinely a good person, even if she schemes and is a little dirty at times. Kim is pretty much just a golddigger to the highest power. Clint, however is growing on me, and the way they have been using the character is finally bringing life to it.

Todd and Tea are now becoming a couple who just gets on my nerves..This on again off again 'but i love you' 'but you lied to me!' BS is giving me a cavity. Just stay apart, please. PLEASE. I dont think TOm is capable of having a relationship of anysort with anyone, unless it's Blair, and even then h (at least this actor) is uncapable of it.

I personally like Kim/Clint better just because it is fresher, and has SOME potential...But I dont like either too much. Overall, OLTL is GREAT though!

• Members

I see Blair cheerleading for Todd and Tea as the shows way of sending a message viewers that it's really over between Todd and Blair this time. Blair never champions Todd with other women. Historically, she's always reacted to his being with someone other than her with jealousy (even if she just recently claimed to want nothing more to do with him) and tries to snatch him back, initially to win over the other woman...and then inadvertently she falls in love with him all over again during the competition. Her pushing Todd and Tea being together, while she carries on an affair with Eli, to me reads like closure on TnB -- and I'm all for that. So while some people are actively scratching their heads in disgust over Blair's TnT pom-pom's, I totally welcome it. Because the only other alternative would be her trying to spite Tea by seducing Todd, and we all know that would lead to "Todd and Blair, part 98." Having Blair just walk away and not saying/doing anything is too vague for two characters on a soap who have as long and convoluted a history as they do. Again, this sends a clearer message that Blair is done with Todd; she doesn't want him and therefore is ok with him being with another woman, and that there will be no forthcoming reunion. It's like Viki being encouraging when Clint starts dating someone new.

• Members

Well if you ask me, she's just as screwed up as he is, so they belong together, and if people find satisfaction out seeing two messed up people fall in "love" and fumble over their own mistakes, well i can't really blame them IMO. It's far more acceptable than seeing Todd in a drawn out romance with Blair or Marty.

• Members

They aren't fumbling over their mistakes. They're written as long-suffering saints and soulmates. Todd seems to look like he's suffering when he's around her (or anyone else). FL and her bag of tricks means her partner in the scene is irrelevant. It reminds me of an old Pauline Kael about Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer in the Sound of Music -- she saw no chemistry between them, but it didn't matter, because Julie just made love to herself.

Archived