OLTL / Loving Clint & Kim as much ALMOST as I do Todd & Téa

• Members

Kim is becoming a new school Dorian.  Her quasi-evil snideness to Renee and Nigel was delicious.  And who would have ever thought Clint could be interesting?  A couple years ago he was about as exciting as a CPA, now he's steadily becoming a Don Dada.  The possibilities.  The possibilities.  Now all we need is a Clint/Kim elopement, followed by a Clint/Kim baby.  

Aside from Todd, Téa and Dani, this is the only thing Carlivati has gotten right.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

* snicker *

I don't give a damn.

Like I said, loving Clint & Kim and Todd & Téa...the only things RC has gotten right. Saying that the latter reminds you of a couple on a soap that I don't even watch is completely meaningless on this end. Whatever.

Todd & Téa rawk. Best thing about OLTL! The episodes w/o them royally suck.

Now shove that into your zendall and listen for the ocean. :D

• Members

Power couple my ass. If power means he has an unhealthy obsession with power and she is having a power outage in her brain, then yes, I guess Todd and Tea are a "power couple."

It is completely, 100% completely, beyond me how people can root for a man who is a [!@#$%^&*] sociopath to everything and everyone who puts him in place. He's a monster. A total monster, and after seeing how much he's screwed up Starr, I can't believe people believe he needs to be raising another freaking kid. It's ridiculous, man. Just ridiculous.

• Members

I'm glad you're enjoying the two couples. I hope that other people enjoy some of the stories and this helps the ratings. I've vented plenty about Todd and Tea but as much as I do I know they are very popular. I just wish they could stop with the Greatest Love of All writing.

Kim and Clint have great potential. I hope something good happens there. I also hope the show resists the temptation to write them like Asa/Blair or Asa/Alex.

• Members

I'm most pleased that they're sharing this story with Renee and Niles, and I really hope we'll get a bunch of fun scenes with them alone, teaming up to take Kim down. And I agree, Kim is evocative of young Robin Strasser, and Susan Lucci. This chick as Mrs. Clint Buchanan is going to be an entertaining mess. I just hope that whatever happens, Clint doesn't have a heart attack and die on their wedding night or some such crap.

• Members

Hopefully after the alpha power couple that is Todd and Tea renew their vows (we know that's coming), and Dani fully embraces Todd as her father (we know it's coming too), TnT will have another baby. This time a son; the next one can finally be named "Todd Manning, Jr." to commemorateone one of the best (if not thee best) characters daytime television - ever - created, Mr. Todd Manning! :D Sam and Jack can come visit the Manning/Delgado home, but I'm not so sure about whatsherface...Constellation...or whatever her name is... being allowed to come over. In the meantime, maybe Tea and Kim can be pregnant at the same time! That'd be fun. Little Clint Jr. and Todd Jr. mixing it up from birth.

TnT - Alpha platinum power couple of Llanview.

CnK - Gold power couple of Llanview.

Now that we've established this, let's clear out all of the sludge like Balasco, Bora, Kish, Crayla, Sole, Jolie, Mattstiny (oh, my badd...they don't exist anyway...lol)

• Members

ACEM you did this thread to be controversial so don't snipe at people when they disagree ;)

Having read (and really enjoyed) your analysis of each era of OLTL on yourwebsite the other day I admit I'm a bit surprised that you don't like ANYTHING Ron C has done except for these two couples. I think he's vastly overated (and i get that--I thought OLTL under higley was perhaps the worse soap opera I have ever sat through, which says a lot--when it wasn't just drawn out, repititive and boring it was cheap and offensive and RC has been a huge huge improvement) but still that surprises me.

• Members

Ron uses too much filler at the fore and constantly tries to make something out of nothing. I guess that's how OLTL continually makes its budget and remains the "cost effective" soap, but stylistically it makes the show generic IMO when a bunch of "B" and "C"-level supporting, recurring and dayplayer characters run around doing a whole bunch of nothing. That's my biggest problem with his OLTL; it has no personality or command. He's constantly trying to make a casserole out of scraps. That's why I like dark(er) characters like Todd, Tea, Dorian, mean Clint, Kim, hell even Stacy...because they at least give OLTL a semblance of flair, even if it is "toxic." The rest of the show is too much like a domesticated cat. Higley's OLTL was infuriating, but like I said in my synopsis...she at least pissed you off to the point where you watched, even if just to be mad and complain. Ron's OLTL can be nice and emotional with earnest or pleasantly flawed characters like Brody, Charlie, Fish and Schuyler...but jeez, do they bore me. Watching Brody assure Jessica that he's there for her...nice guy Charlie angst over Jared and the bottle...Shaun's silly inferiority complex about Greg...Destiny pine over Matthew...Schyuler dishing with Rachel about his feelings for Gigi...Markko working out to keep Langston's attention...and blatantly self-conscious Fish evolve into a happy gay man gets old quick. It's too "everday." Too mundane. It's just not interesting to me. It's dull. It's room temperature ginger ale. OLTL needs to be more salacious, more peacockish, more vindictive, more indulgent. That's what I get out of TnT and CnK.

Archived