Madonna: Rock Sound

Sylph

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She can get her back by ripping off Bad Romance :lol:

But, I agree.... dance is definitely the way to go for her since it is her home genre really and it has brought her the most success, lets just hope she is "creating" this time and not following.

• Members

Yeah... I guess it would be totally different if it were something more spontaneous. This how, when you have like 30 seconds to tell her something, and you think she's heard it all, it can get a bit confusing. You're just blocked.

• Members

You know, I want a more introspective album from her again. Like A Prayer and Ray of Light are both dear to my heart, and one of the reasons why was because she was vulnerable on both albums and they represented who she is and where she was in her life. They were both a result of some very tumultuous years/experiences in her life and you could tell how creatively inspired she was during those respective periods of her career. Don't get me wrong, I love dance Madonna and at her core, her heart and music has always been dance, but I feel like we already had a big dance album with Confession On A Dancefloor in the last decade, and it would be a great time for her to go in a more personal and reflective route again.

Like A Prayer and Ray of Light both happened after lengthy gaps in her pop career too, and her next album will probably be her biggest gap between albums.

• Members

She has claimed a rock album before and it never happens. Isn't she also working with RedOne (which proves that like her last album with Timbaland, she's fallen behind the curve in terms of who she works with--Hard Candy was essentially the swan song in terms of Timbaland having songs and albums that were hits even if it only had one big single). But is RedOne an "unknown" producer? :unsure: LOL

At any rate now that dance music is finally a hit again on US radio, it's prob a smart move (and what Madonna does best anyway).

I could see her at this stage wanting to do a more "personal" album--though that was the impetus for American Life as well...

But then she embraced it again for one of the best parts of her last great tour, the Confessions one.

I love Confessions on the Dance Floor but despite what Madonna claimed, I think it IS an introspective album (and is let down by some of her typically too "teenaged diary" cloying lyrics). Hung Up was a trick, as it is the ONLY song on the album (well maybe Sorry too?) that doesn't address personal issues with her.

• 3 months later...

Archived